NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

ESPN has a draftcast thing, but it won't be the actual draft, it will just tell you who gets drafted where and such. I have another idea, I'll PM you with the link as I'm not sure if it's allowed or not.

I really hate the late start time. Draft should be starting at noon, at the lastest.

Of course my ESPN is out, so I wouldn't be happy either way

What's so bad about the late start? If they were doing three rounds as usual sure, but with only two today what's so bad about it?

Anybody know if it's going to be screened on the Internet? If so, where?

Last year's was live on NFL.com, are they not doing that again?

Well its stupid because we have the first 2 picks in, and its still an hour and a half untill the draft starts. Whats to stop Atlanta from declaring their pick too?

It's being reported that the Rams will take Chris Long. It's also being reported that Ryan will go third and McFadden fourth, with KC still trying to trade down but if they don't find a deal they like, taking Dorsey.

Assuming you're doing that via computer, great. But two years ago I had a girl call me and wanted me to drive to her house to hang out. It's an hour drive, but I went anyway thinking I would have my ESPN Radio to keep me updated. Instead, halfway there it switched from the draft to some local high school baseball game or some shit.

Mort was just on ESPN and was saying that they would dangle Suggs, but didn't give a final offer. Really though, the Rams would be stupid to not take that deal. Suggs is a young, proven Pro Bowler, they still have a top 10 pick in a draft that is loaded with plenty of very good talent without the great talent of some drafts (hence why the drop from 2 to 8 isn't as far) and they also get a 2nd round pick out of it.

Chris Mortensen is reproting that the Ravens, who really want Matt Ryan, are offering Terrell Suggs , their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Rams to move up to the two spot to take Ryan.

I was going to shoot myself in the face if we traded up to two anyway. If that deal goes ahead? I think I may have to use a shotgun.

lol, Baltimore would never think of trading up that's just stupid, never happen.

Quiet you. I'm not averse to the idea of trading up so long as it's not within the top ten - first-round quarterbacks are hardly locks and I don't want to see us give up two high picks and a Pro Bowl linebacker/defensive end for something that's so uncertain when we could get that uncertainty in round two or lower.