NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I gotta say, Phil Savage has done it again...Sure, we don't have any picks in the first few rounds, but theoretically, our draft was Brady Quinn, Corey Williams, and Shaun Rogers....which sounds pretty damn good to me. Savage knows what the Browns biggest weakness is and upgrades it immensely, offensive line last year, defensive line this year. Adding Stallworth just makes the offense even more dangerous, also. I'm really pumped and can't wait to see what Savage pulls off next.

You think getting Shaun Rogers is a good thing...how cute.

I gotta say, Phil Savage has done it again...Sure, we don't have any picks in the first few rounds, but theoretically, our draft was Brady Quinn, Corey Williams, and Shaun Rogers....which sounds pretty damn good to me. Savage knows what the Browns biggest weakness is and upgrades it immensely, offensive line last year, defensive line this year. Adding Stallworth just makes the offense even more dangerous, also. I'm really pumped and can't wait to see what Savage pulls off next.

You think getting Shaun Rogers is a good thing...how cute.

Ahh...you think anybody cares what you think. (Y)

But nah, the addition of Rogers could actually help them. It just depends on what Shaun Rogers shows up. The guy's got talent, just no heart so it's just a matter of if he can be motivated.

Hey, maybe playing for a team whose front office isn't being run by retards will actually motivate him to play. <_<

Raiders sign Javon Walker to mindboggling deal.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Walker has agreed to terms on a six-year, $55 million deal that includes $16 million in guaranteed money.

What the fuck are they doing?

I'll miss Brett Favre. Although I am not totally convinced he is retired - I won't be until the first game of the season. I have a strange feeling that he will decide to return a few weeks before training camp.

And I guess the Raiders had to throw money at Walker just to get him to sign with them? It is such a horrible team that has almost no hope for the next couple seasons of being successful.

What do you mean there's no hope? The defense is adequate, the offense is young, with some good pieces. They're in a division where the Chiefs are shit, the Broncos are falling off, and the Chargers are coached by Norv Turner. They could easily go 8-8 next year.

I think Walker's a good signing for the Raiders, they've replaced Porter with an even better receiver and it should really help out Russell. I do think they need a TE upgrade, but I'm willing to give Zach Miller another year or so since he's young. They've also signed former 49ers OT Kwame Harris.

Also, it seems the Bears have reached agreement on a deal with Marty Booker. Decent replacement for Moose, but he's no Berrian.

If it's any indication to how good Kwame Harris is...the 49ers had one of the worst offensive lines in the league and they're letting him go...thank god he's gone.

Good luck with him, DMN. (Y)

Raiders sign Javon Walker to mindboggling deal.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Walker has agreed to terms on a six-year, $55 million deal that includes $16 million in guaranteed money.

What the fuck are they doing?

So, basically, every move not involving Pittsburgh is the shittiest deal this side of Alexandre Daigle, but when Pittsburgh makes a move, it's second only to Jesus descending from the heavens and choosing to play #2 receiver alongside Hines Ward. For the love of everything that's holy, try your hardest to open your mind JUST A FRACTION.

Edited by Evil Chase K

'a continuous state of ineptitude'? They aren't the fucking Lions or the Bengals! They've been to a fucking SuperBowl this decade. As many SuperBowls as the fucking Steelers have.

EDIT: Name a better FA WR out there right now? There isn't one, and the Raiders are bad, and have been for about 6 years, so they have to overpay for a mediocre WR that might turn into something more. Its not rocket science. Its not a great deal, but its what you have to do when you're a below average team.

Edited by DMN