NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Don't question my fandom AD, I sat through three straight 5-11 season, I've travelled four hours and sat in the cold to watch Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde and the lovely combination of Brad Johnson/Brooks Bollinger disgrace the organization with their horrific play. What I'm fed up with is this team underperforming worse than possibly any team in pro sports when it comes to must win situations.

That was all written a few minutes after the game ended, so I was quite a bit more heated than I am now, but seriously I don't want to watch the team limp into the playoffs and then watch a team like the Vikings or Cardinals tear us apart because we'll play like crap. We had our chance to get in and we blew it, I can't be proud if we limp in because other teams blow their chances.

Romo is starting to remind me of Vick. Everyone was in love with the guy, figuring he'd be an incredible quarterback, but after 4 seasons he hadn't developed his game at all. Thats what I'm seeing with Romo, he's still making the same mistakes and hasn't show any development at all. Parcells brought the guy along, helped him develop into a capable starter, but he's yet to evolve from there and I'm not sure if he ever will.

There's alot of things holding this team back and thats what is upsetting the fans. We're tired of being pegged for the Super Bowl and barely making it into the playoffs. Me personally, I'm tired of the attitude the team has gotten because they're preseason super bowl picks. They haven't won anything or done anything of note in more than a decade and way too many of them are walking around like they've won back to back Super Bowls or something. Its frustrating to see, you think things have finally got on the right track adn the team's been built into a contender, but it hasn't and the same problems remain. It sucks.

Wade Phillips is definately gone though, which is a step in the right direction. Sadly I don't see Jason Garrett as the answer anymore, he reminds me too much of Eric Mangini now.

Not that I have anything against Dallas, but I want them to continue losing as this only helps the position of our first round pick.

Our other first round pick? That is all but secured by now... <_<

It is secured.

EDIT - Lol I'm dumb. Not sure why I thought the Lions played the Vikes.

Edited by damshow

I'd like to send my condolences to any Bucs fans. Your team was in the mix for a bye two weeks ago, and now they'll probably not even make the playoffs. Guess you guys could have used the Ol' Gunslinger down there after all :shifty:

EDIT: damshow you've got some bad info since the hapless Lions pursue perfection against the Packers next week. Minnesota plays the Giants.

Edited by naiwf

Lions will likely go winless, I don't see the Packers losing that game. They've underperformed this season, but at least they can say they stopped the Lions from winning a single game. If it wasn't a division opponent they might have a chance, but since it is, I can't see them winning.

I'm up 82-60 in my fantasy championship game :D.

Brees, Stephen Jackson, P. Thomas and Colts D(plus like 3 of my receivers who haven't played yet) > Cassel, Pittsburgh D, A. Peterson, R. Brown and a bunch of other guys.

He needs 23 points by Adrian Peterson + more than Jennings, S. Moss and A. Johnson combined. Wonderful.

Well, I'd rather the Steelers play their worst game defensively now instead of in the playoffs.

Home field isn't that important, and I'm certain the Steelers can beat the Titans.

That might make a little more sense if your team hadn't just lost in Tennessee. Without your crowd and the bizarre inability to kick FGs at your place, the Steelers will not make it beyond the AFC Championship unless Tennessee loses. If the Titans lose their first game, you should be fine unless of course Little Ben Roethlisbungler shows up again which is likely since that seems to happen whenever he plays a good defense :shifty:

Well, I'd rather the Steelers play their worst game defensively now instead of in the playoffs.

Home field isn't that important, and I'm certain the Steelers can beat the Titans.

That might make a little more sense if your team hadn't just lost in Tennessee. Without your crowd and the bizarre inability to kick FGs at your place, the Steelers will not make it beyond the AFC Championship unless Tennessee loses. If the Titans lose their first game, you should be fine unless of course Little Ben Roethlisbungler shows up again which is likely since that seems to happen whenever he plays a good defense :shifty:

:rolleyes: I think we should all blame Ben for the Titans defense making good plays to cause a fumble and get an interception, and then blame him for Willie Colon shitting himself and getting pushed back into Ben forcing a fumble.

Yeah, Big Ben blew the big one today. Great job. And seriously, there's no way you can feel comfortable about having to go back into Tennessee. That's absolute bullshit.

Nah, if the Steelers defense played today like it has the last few weeks it's a different game. The offensive line actually played pretty well in the first half. I don't think anything Tennessee did today will be impossible to stop.

The thing about getting the #2 seed is that if Denver or the AFC East Champion win in the first round, they come to Heinz while Tennessee gets Baltimore/Indy.

Also, someone should tell LenDale White and Keith Bulluck to ask TJ Houshmandzadeh how disrespecting the Terrible Towel turned out in 2005.

:rolleyes: I think we should all blame Ben for the Titans defense making good plays to cause a fumble and get an interception, and then blame him for Willie Colon shitting himself and getting pushed back into Ben forcing a fumble.

Yeah, Big Ben blew the big one today. Great job. And seriously, there's no way you can feel comfortable about having to go back into Tennessee. That's absolute bullshit.

Nah, if the Steelers defense played today like it has the last few weeks it's a different game. The offensive line actually played pretty well in the first half. I don't think anything Tennessee did today will be impossible to stop.

The thing about getting the #2 seed is that if Denver or the AFC East Champion win in the first round, they come to Heinz while Tennessee gets Baltimore/Indy.

Also, someone should tell LenDale White and Keith Bulluck to ask TJ Houshmandzadeh how disrespecting the Terrible Towel turned out in 2005.

My bad, I forgot that you worship Big Ben and he can do no wrong in your eyes. Playing the "if" game is retarded. You can "if" away any loss in your mind, but it doesn't change the fact that you just lost. Also if Denver or the AFC East Champion wins it means that Baltimore or Indy is out. It's far more likely that 5 and 6 both win than it is that Denver, Miami, the Jets or Pats end up beating those teams. Pittsburgh is pretty much guaranteed a rematch with Tennessee or Indy or a third game with Baltimore and given that Indy beat you at home, Tennessee whooped you in Tenneessee and it's hard to beat the same team three times in a year I'd be less boastful about my team.

My bad, I forgot that you worship Big Ben and he can do no wrong in your eyes. Playing the "if" game is retarded. You can "if" away any loss in your mind, but it doesn't change the fact that you just lost. Also if Denver or the AFC East Champion wins it means that Baltimore or Indy is out. It's far more likely that 5 and 6 both win than it is that Denver, Miami, the Jets or Pats end up beating those teams. Pittsburgh is pretty much guaranteed a rematch with Tennessee or Indy or a third game with Baltimore and given that Indy beat you at home, Tennessee whooped you in Tenneessee and it's hard to beat the same team three times in a year I'd be less boastful about my team.

Right, my "worship" of Ben TOTALLY distorts my impression on the game. I mean, from watching the game I saw a Titans defender make a nice hit on Ben causing the first fumble. I then saw a Titans safety make a good play to jump a route and make a pick. Then I saw Willie Colon get destroyed and get knocked back into Ben, causing him to lose grip on the ball.

Man, my Ben-worshipping eyes REALLY distort the action on the field, eh? :rolleyes:

Here's my take on Indy, Tennessee, and Baltimore.

Indy got LUCKY in that game. A tipped ball that should've been picked gets caught and goes for a long score. They didn't outplay the Steelers. The Steelers defense played their worst game of the year against the Titans and it was still close until the Steelers offensive line shit its pants.

And Baltimore, well the Steelers have never lost to a division opponent in the playoffs. That may have absolutely no relevance but dammit I'm gonna use it anyway.

Right, my "worship" of Ben TOTALLY distorts my impression on the game.

It so very, very, very does.

How does it? Please explain to me the flaws in my thinking.

naiwf, I'd watch out if I were you. People complaining about Chase's ridiculous homerism in here tend to get warnings unless they happened to have the initials HTTK.

HAHAHA. That's rich coming from you. Really, that's hilarious. I mean, if there's one person in this thread who has attacked me without provocation and in really over-the-top ways...it's you.

Not that it surprises me.