NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Say they play it safe with Johnson and we go to 4-5 before our bye. Then we get into the toughest part of our schedule needing to win 6 or more of our last 7 games, three of which are against divisional opponents and also a game in Pittsburgh. It's games against the Rams and the Bucs that we should be winning, there's risk in playing either QB at the moment.

I think the Bucs are a better team than the Cowboys at this point. The Bucs defense is absolutely smothering and they have a great running game with a good enough passing game to win games. So I definitely wouldn't say Dallas Vs. Tampa is a SHOULD win for the Cowboys.

The key words there being 'at this point'. Before the season a game against Tampa Bay would have been a should win for Dallas. That's what I was referring to, we need to get back to winning games we expected to before the season and we can't do that with the current state of the team.

In other news, Roy Williams (the safety) is out for the season after breaking his arm again against the Rams. The Saints are without Reggie Bush for 3-4 weeks and may also be without Shockey for the Wembley game (:(). The Chiefs QB carousel also continues to go round with Brodie Croyle done for the season.

Edited by AD

I love that somehow everyone sees the Cowboys as self destructing. Wow, we lost our pro bowl QB, replaced him with a guy who's like the polor opposite and didn't win? And our defense is banged up and out, but those things have nothing to do with them losing, no its clearly because the team is imploding. :rolleyes:

If Romo comes back next week fired up and they win, the Cowboys are right back on track. I'm not exactly impressed with the Giants currently. They gave the Niners loads of chances, and if San Fran weren't bottom feeders they probably would have won that game. So I wouldn't count the Cowboys out of that game if Romo is playing.

They'd have had a much better chance outscore them absolutely. I don't see how anyone could argue that. A healthy Tony Romo would have definately kept them in the game, and I have a feeling even with a broken pinkie he could have done alot better than Brad.

Romo pretty much has to start next week if they Cowboys have any chance of beating the Bucs, Brad Johnson is losing it, isn't comfortable with the first team offense and can't get out of his own way.

Edited by Maxx

That kind of logic leaves way too much room to make any argument you want. The Rams beat the Redskins, and the Redskins beat the Cowboys, but the Rams aren't better than the Cowboys. No one would make that argument, but you could make it going by that logic

:D

Maybe the logic is legit. :P Kansas City beat Denver, so I guess they should be defeating the Chargers in week 10.

This really is turning out to be a weird season.

They'd have had a much better chance outscore them absolutely. I don't see how anyone could argue that. A healthy Tony Romo would have definately kept them in the game, and I have a feeling even with a broken pinkie he could have done alot better than Brad.

You can't just expect your team to outscore the competition every week. Teams with poor defenses don't win in the post-season. Maybe if the Cowboys defense doesn't get better, THAT will be the reason they lose in the playoffs this year...instead of Tony Romo.

The Cowboys scored 34 or more points only once this year. Hell Cincinatti's defense is probably worse than St. Louis' and they could only put up 31 on them with a healthy Romo. If you're forced to try and outscore teams every week you're done for. Because if you get into a shootout all it takes is one failed drive to cost you the game.

Now I'm not saying the Cowboys would've lost with Romo, but when your defense is giving up 34 points to the Rams you have problems. Anyone denying the Cowboys' defensive problems is delusional.

Edited by Evil Chase K

That wasn't the point I was arguing. I'm saying Romo would have absolutely given them a better chance of winning than Brad Johnson did. Obviously the defense needs to play better, otherwise we'll never win. But I really think in this particular game, with the weapons the Cowboys had, against the Rams, Romo would have at the very least kept it competitive.

That kind of logic leaves way too much room to make any argument you want. The Rams beat the Redskins, and the Redskins beat the Cowboys, but the Rams aren't better than the Cowboys. No one would make that argument, but you could make it going by that logic

Maybe the logic is legit. :P Kansas City beat Denver, so I guess they should be defeating the Chargers in week 10.

It certainly is, but thankfully, we have Detroit and Cincinnati being so reliable in their sucking. Also, testament to just how awesome our defense is - in the first four weeks of the year, Joe Flacco didn't throw for 200 yards once but the passing leader in all three games he played. I only just found out myself and that was ridiculous.

It certainly is, but thankfully, we have Detroit and Cincinnati being so reliable in their sucking. Also, testament to just how awesome our defense is - in the first four weeks of the year, Joe Flacco didn't throw for 200 yards once but the passing leader in all three games he played. I only just found out myself and that was ridiculous.

Against those heavy hitters in Cincy and Cleveland that's some feat! :rolleyes:

And he only had one more yard than Ben Roethlisberger, a lot of good it did too. :shifty:

Aaron Rodgers: 1,668 yards with 12 TDs, 4INT and a rating of 98.4 (4th in the NFL)

Brett Favre: 1,321 yards, with 13 TDs, 8 INTs, and a rating of 92.3 (13th in the NFL)

How's that Favre vs Rodgers battle going ESPN? Huh? Odd, how come when A-Rod out duels Manning, and ESPN's Man Crush drops a game to the RAIDERS... they don't compare the two. But in Farve's ONLY good game of the year, ESPN spent all week comparing the two.

Fucking reDONKulious. I'm boycotting ESPN. Strickly NFL network for me.

You have to ask yourself though, what would Favre's numbers look like if he were with the Packers rather than the shitty Jets? You can put Frank Sinatra in as the frontman for Nickelback, but one man can only do so much to keep everyone else from sucking.

Sadly, I now have to show my face in this thread as a Bengals fan. :crying:

You can't just expect your team to outscore the competition every week. Teams with poor defenses don't win in the post-season. Maybe if the Cowboys defense doesn't get better, THAT will be the reason they lose in the playoffs this year...instead of Tony Romo.

The Cowboys scored 34 or more points only once this year. Hell Cincinatti's defense is probably worse than St. Louis' and they could only put up 31 on them with a healthy Romo. If you're forced to try and outscore teams every week you're done for. Because if you get into a shootout all it takes is one failed drive to cost you the game.

Now I'm not saying the Cowboys would've lost with Romo, but when your defense is giving up 34 points to the Rams you have problems. Anyone denying the Cowboys' defensive problems is delusional.

Healthy Romo keeps the Dallas offense on the field longer and the Dallas D/St. Louis offense on the bench. Clearly, the Cowboys have some serious defensive issues to sort out, but simply saying that all Romo would do is add to the points total is unfair. There's plenty of legitimate arguments against the Cowboys right now, don't fudge one up :P

I learned today that the big rumor going around 'Frisco was that Mike Nolan would be fired next week during their bye week. No surprise, really. I actually said that when Martz was announced as the OC that Nolan's days were numbered. However what shocks me is that from a report I just heard on ESPN, MIKE SINGLETARY would be the interim coach, not Mike Martz. :w00t:

This is GREAT news. Don't get me wrong, as a Niner fan, I love Mike Nolan and would love to see him remain on as coach. however if a change has to be made, I am LOVING the idea of Mike Singletary over Mike Martz.

Meh, I was a Nolan guy for awhile but it's clear the man has no idea how to coach. I mean, time after time, I've scratched my head watching him call a defensive game and don't even get me started on time management. The guy just sucked as a Head Coach. Which is a shame because he came from the Ravens and his dad was also a coach in San Fran. Still, I'd welcome his firing now.

And if he is fired, there's no way anybody other than Singletary was going to take over. He's the Assistant Head Coach and has been on Head Coaching radars for a few teams in the past couple of years. Plus it gives him the experience needed in case they don't want to bring him back next year.

It'll be a different team next year though which has me excited because it can't turn out much worse than Nolan's tenure. I'm still kinda intrigued by the idea of Holmgren in a Bill Parcells-like role though.

Yes, because Steven Jackson is a complete and total scrub with no talent whatsoever who's never had a 2300-yard/16-TD season. And Torry Holt can't catch pneumonia.

I still can't get how everyone wants to leap and assume that the Rams have lost all semblance of offensive talent. Sure, Bulger has problems staying on the field, but if the line digs in and opens lanes for Jackson, he'll do something with them. I've expected a 30-some game from the Rams all season...just didn't think it'd be against Dallas.

Yes, the Cowboys are banged all to hell, but let's not totally go apeshit bagging on a team that does still have some weapons to make the point.

And Singletary as a head coach = :wub: Would you want to look into those eyes when you get back to the sidelines after fumbling, or getting torched on coverage? Not I.