NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Oh come on. You can't justify picking ANYBODY over LT, even Moss or Brady.

I'm not saying I would justify it. But I could see having one idiot homer in a league taking Moss or Brady with the 1st or 2nd pick, but there's no way that LT should last to 4th unless the league mandates you must take a Patriot with your first selection :shifty:

Gonzalez is the only aerial threat the Chiefs have (lol Dwayne Bowe), and you really think Ricky Williams and Reggie Bush are going to get the majority of the carries for their teams, because I don't.

I admit, I'm taking some risks, but only in terms of guys coming back from injury. Ronnie Brown would have been a top 3 fantasy pick if he hadn't gotten injured last year, and I got him in the 3rd (4th?) round.

Donte Stallworth is starting for the Browns is an explosive receiver who should have a good year while teams try and double up on Braylon. Gonzalez isn't as good as he used to be, sure, but he's still a very good TE, top 3 in the league.

And all of those backs will be starting. True that McAllister is in a two-back system but he always gets the grunt work aka the bulk of the carries. And McGahee's banged up right now but once he's back, there's no question he's the starter though Rice will get plenty of carries. And there's nobody in Miami that will unseat Brown unless he gets hurt again.

And I disagree on the fact that Gonzalez is the only aerial threat they have because Bowe's a solid receiver who's only going to improve.

Edited by Livid

You could justify taking Peterson over LT. Thats it.

Not even that, if you're in a league that gives points for receptions.

Also...

Peyton Manning

Willis McGahee

Ronnie Brown

Deuce McAllister

Calvin Johnson

Plaxico Burress

Dante Stallworth

Tony Gonzalez

Pittsburgh Steelers Defense

I win.

Ick. A group of RB's that are all ten times more likely to end up on IR than in a Pro Bowl, one WR who might be good, or might be a dreadful cocktease, another who has to work with Nuke LaManning, and an old workhorse TE who's due to throw a shoe any day? Probably better than my team, to be sure (especially if Anderson's starting this musical concussions bullshit), but not near the best we've seen in this thread.

And yes, the AFC West is corner central...but that's six of 16 games. So that leaves ten more games where Bowe can be a damn good producer as long as somebody can get him the ball. #3 WR easily, and possibly a #2.

Donte Stallworth is starting for the Browns is an explosive receiver who should have a good year while teams try and double up on Braylon. Gonzalez isn't as good as he used to be, sure, but he's still a very good TE, top 3 in the league.

And all of those backs will be starting. True that McAllister is in a two-back system but he always gets the grunt work aka the bulk of the carries. And McGahee's banged up right now but once he's back, there's no question he's the starter though Rice will get plenty of carries. And there's nobody in Miami that will unseat Brown unless he gets hurt again.

And I disagree on the fact that Gonzalez is the only aerial threat they have because Bowe's a solid receiver who's only going to improve.

Stallworth is still going to be Anderson's third choice behind Edwards & Winslow and I'm not counting on DA to produce the same kind of numbers he did last year. I wouldn't put Gonzalez in the top three TEs. He may make the top 5, just, but I would still have Gates, Witten, Winslow & Cooley ahead of him.

As Maxx has pointed out, Ronnie Brown's starting job is not certain. Ricky Williams is being considered and Brown got injured again against Jacksonville. I never questioned McGahee's starting job or capability, I think he's a solid back. And the Saints have a loaded backfield, it's not great but unless McAllister can stay healthy and find the form he was in a few seasons back he's going to lose a fair few carries to Bush, Thomas & Stecker.

I read that Harborough's apparently pretty high on Ray Rice, and is just sort of toeing the company line with McGahee as the starter. Any excuse, and he'll yank him for Rice.