NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Well I don't see the big deal with Orton or Grossman yes you'd want a flashy qb but at the same time the Bears system and how they work you don't need a flashy one. All they will ask for is Forte which is a lot a pressure for a rookie to run the ball with Peterson, and have the defense play well. The issue is when the defense is having a bad game or plays against a good offense or the Bears offense plays against a good run D i.e Vikings then they go downhill. But i don't think anyone is expecting the Bears to win more than 10 games this year anyway.

I wouldn't expect to see Adrian Peterson on anything other than special teams (barring an injury). Forte will probably share with Kevin Jones, with Garrett Wolfe stepping up to 3rd on the depth chart.

Well I don't see the big deal with Orton or Grossman yes you'd want a flashy qb but at the same time the Bears system and how they work you don't need a flashy one. All they will ask for is Forte which is a lot a pressure for a rookie to run the ball with Peterson, and have the defense play well. The issue is when the defense is having a bad game or plays against a good offense or the Bears offense plays against a good run D i.e Vikings then they go downhill. But i don't think anyone is expecting the Bears to win more than 10 games this year anyway.

I don't think anyone's expecting the Bears to win more than 7 games this year.

And don't forget Hester, with him it doesn't matter how bad the rest of your team is you've got a shot at winning >_>

Until teams stop kicking to him.

Yeah, because he didn't get any touchdowns when teams knew about him and tried kicking it away from him, did he? And there'll always be the idiot kicker with the misguided bravado (read: Todd Sauerbrun) who'll shoot his mouth off.

Also, people need to stop fucking writing Kyle Orton off. He did well managing the offense as a rookie, made few mistakes, and let the defense win the ballgame. He's now got the benefit of three years in the system, I don't get why people are slating him, when he's started one proper game since his rookie year. I'm not saying he's Montana incarnate, but Christ, let him prove himself before suggesting he's not much of an improvement over Rex.

Edited by Dragsy

it was choosing a below avg qb over a really bad one with orton over rex.

I think I had my best fantasy draft yet, I love drafting against patriot fans they're so bad. I mean forget LaDanian Tomlinson, let's just skip him and take some Patriots.

Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA

McGahee, Willis RB BAL

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD

Burleson, Nate WR SEA

Driver, Donald WR GB

Wayne, Reggie WR IND

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Kasay, John K CAR

Seahawks DST

Leinart, Matt QB ARI

Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG

Young, Selvin RB DEN

Hackett, D.J. WR CAR

Stallworth, Donte' WR CLE

Edited by mystikz

I wouldn't expect to see Adrian Peterson on anything other than special teams (barring an injury). Forte will probably share with Kevin Jones, with Garrett Wolfe stepping up to 3rd on the depth chart.

I don't think anyone's expecting the Bears to win more than 7 games this year.

And don't forget Hester, with him it doesn't matter how bad the rest of your team is you've got a shot at winning >_>

Until teams stop kicking to him.

Yeah, because he didn't get any touchdowns when teams knew about him and tried kicking it away from him, did he? And there'll always be the idiot kicker with the misguided bravado (read: Todd Sauerbrun) who'll shoot his mouth off.

So he runs one back and the coach makes sure his team never kicks to him the rest of the game, and they lose 24-7?

Hell with that offense, you could kick it out of bounds on every kickoff and take the 40 yard line starting position.

Hey, when Orton comes out and has an outstanding season that leads the Bears to a winning record, I'll eat my words.

Until then, he's an average QB who benefited from having one of the league's best defenses his rookie season. Oh and ya' know what? Lovie still fucked him over in favor of Grossman once the playoffs rolled around.

It's not like I'm saying he's bad. He's an upgrade over Grossman, but like I said, that isn't saying that much. Nonetheless, he is an upgrade because he's not a retard.

Oh and Chase is right. How exactly would the Special Teams prepare for balls going out of bounds? I mean you can't stop the team from doing it or anything.

Edited by Livid

I think I had my best fantasy draft yet, I love drafting against patriot fans they're so bad. I mean forget LaDanian Tomlinson, let's just skip him and take some Patriots.

Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA

McGahee, Willis RB BAL

Burleson, Nate WR SEA

Driver, Donald WR GB

Wayne, Reggie WR IND

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Kasay, John K CAR

Seahawks DST

Leinart, Matt QB ARI

Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG

Young, Selvin RB DEN

Hackett, D.J. WR CAR

Hey don't lump bad Fantasy Football drafters in with us Patriot fans just because you've ran into one or two. Some people are just retarded.

Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA

McGahee, Willis RB BAL

Burleson, Nate WR SEA

Driver, Donald WR GB

Wayne, Reggie WR IND

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Kasay, John K CAR

Seahawks DST

Leinart, Matt QB ARI

Jacobs, Brandon RB NYG

Young, Selvin RB DEN

Hackett, D.J. WR CAR

Hey don't lump bad Fantasy Football drafters in with us Patriot fans just because you've ran into one or two. Some people are just retarded.

She's right. Every team has its fantasy fanboys. Couple of years ago, a friend of mine drafted Mike Sellers in our league, simply because he couldn't find anyone else and decided, "Eh, why not a Redskin?" Never mind that Sellers was the BACKUP fullback. :wacko:

And I just concluded a draft on another board, and ended up with this:

QBs--Derek Anderson, Jason Campbell

RBs--Adrian Peterson (MIN), Laurence Maroney, Fred Taylor, Jonathan Stewart, Chester Taylor

WRs--Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Joey Galloway, Marvin Harrison

TEs--Owen Daniels, Dustin Keller

K--Josh Brown

D--Raiders

This team could be very strong, or I could struggle to win three games.

So what happens if the best player on the board is Tom Brady? Do I really want the 8th best running back in the league over Brady?

So what happens if the best player on the board is Tom Brady? Do I really want the 8th best running back in the league over Brady?

No. It's when you pick Tom Brady over Tomlinson, Peterson, or Westbrook that you look like way too much of a homer.

Oh, and my team in the EWB league?

Drew Brees

David Garrard

Brian Westbrook

Darren McFadden

Braylon Edwards

Marvin Harrison

Chris Cooley

Kevin Curtis

Minnesota Vikings DEF

Yeah, so far, that team is definitely better than most of the ones listed in this thread.

Edited by damshow

You're both wrong.

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Maurice Jones-Drew

Ryan Grant

Hines Ward

T.J. Hoochuhosudvhouhrvdio

Kellen Winslow

Dallas' DST

I've got a #1 back in both the #1 and #2 spots, a #1 receiver in both the #1 and #2 spots and a #1 quarterback backing up one of the two best in the league. No doubt 'bout it. Oh, and Julius Jones.

Edited by Knee

You're both wrong.

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Maurice Jones-Drew

Ryan Grant

Hines Ward

Kellen Winslow

Dallas' DST

I've got a #1 back in both the #1 and #2 spots, a #1 receiver in both the #1 and #2 spots and a #1 quarterback backing up one of the two best in the league. No doubt 'bout it. Oh, and Julius Jones.

Yeah I wouldn't consider MoJo a #1 back when he splits time with a very capable Fred Taylor. Secondly almost EVERYONE has a #1 RB at both spots, I've got three. And everyone has a #1 WR at both spots. You get an edge in QB and TE though

You're both wrong.

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Maurice Jones-Drew

Ryan Grant

Hines Ward

Kellen Winslow

Dallas' DST

Yeah I wouldn't consider MoJo a #1 back when he splits time with a very capable Fred Taylor. Secondly almost EVERYONE has a #1 RB at both spots, I've got three. And everyone has a #1 WR at both spots. You get an edge in QB and TE though

I WAS TRASH TALKING! Y'all need to join me in talking smack about everyone else, come on!

I trash talk with surgical precision, dissecting and exposing the weakness of your team.

Um...

So Clawson drafted Jake Delhomme, that was pretty stupid and gay AM I RIGHT?

they picked Randy Moss, Tom Brady and Laurence Maroney before LT was picked or any other backs. there's a difference.

Edited by mystikz

they picked Randy Moss, Tom Brady and Laurence Maroney before LT was picked or any other backs. there's a difference.

Moss and Brady are questionable before RB were taken, but what I want to know was how did this league make at least THREE picks before LT was selected? Is this a league of people who have never watched the NFL before and just picked hometown guys?