NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Chad Johnson isn't even the most consistent reciever on his team. TJ Housyomomma is. Johnson shows up for 4-5 games a year, has HUGE games, then isn't heard from the rest of the year. A first and a future first-third for him is an offer you can't refuse.

The Vikings might be even scarier, because Udeze's leukemia is in remission, and he might be back at some point. Thats a scary f'n d-line.

Baltimore won't trade up because I think they'd be fine going with Troy Smith. Kid is a winner, and fits their offense. I know they're changing it up, so that might have something to do with it, but the kid can play.

KC has bigger problems thant he draft is going to fix. I like Croyle as much as anyone, but they're just not that good.

Finally, Pacman Jones has been traded to Dallas. The Titans get a 4th-round pick in exchange and possibly another pick next year but that depends on whether he's actually re-instated and how much he plays for us. If he isn't re-instated, the Titans give us an undisclosed pick next year. I like the move, as long as Goodell lifts his suspension of course.

Edited by AD

Guest ThunderSlam

I like the pick up talent wise, if he gets reinstated and can stay out of trouble which it seems like a lot of guys do in Dallas then he will be very good. He fills two needs, special teams and corner back now the Cowboys can pick up a WR and a RB then put a young CB on the back burner or something like a safety.

Goodell's not going to make a decision on Pacman's re-instatement until after the draft so CB will still be high on our list. I think it paves the way for us to take a RB and WR in the first round now, or even a tackle or safety if the right guys are available. I still expect us to draft CB on the first day, though, because a) we lost two CBs in free agency, b) Newman and Henry aren't getting any younger and c) there's always the chance that Goodell's an arse and doesn't re-instate Pacman.

Tampa Bay doesn't have that great of a history in the draft when it comes to QB's other than Doug Williams. We will take either a CB or a Wide receiver in the first round.

Come on, Trent Dilfer and Shain King were great :shifty: I hear we will take Desean Jackson, that WR from Cal.

What do you think about the whole Greg White dilema?? One one hand, I see his point. He lead the team in sacks and FF's, and is only getting 380 K next year. The team is still under the cap, and for fucks sake, Jimmy Wilkerson is making more money thean him. BUT, this is still the same Greg White who started off last year on the Orlando Predators of the AFL, and last year was probably a fluke.

The No. 6 Jets are calibrating every potential move they make with the No. 7 Patriots in mind. These two really don't like each other, and it's not even close to being hype in this case. Under no scenario does New York want to see Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan make it to New England's slot, because Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Eric Mangini know the Patriots will promptly put their draft slot up for auction and reap a bounty of picks from some quarterback-needy team.

The Jets have even gone so far as to talk with the No. 8 Ravens about what it would cost them to trade up to sixth for Ryan. Anything to keep the Patriots from hitting the jackpot. Hearing that, it kind of leads one to believe the Jets have decided to pass on Ryan, even though they reportedly love him. Then again, they could anticipate having multiple options that they like -- Chris Long or Darren McFadden among them -- and wanted to see how much the Ravens would give up to get their franchise quarterback.

Ahaha. AHAHA. Fuck, I love the Jets sometimes, if we could trade up to six for Ryan I'd be happy - much happier than if we traded up to two, because from the sounds of it, we'd have to pay less than a normal six-to-eight trade just so Mangini could piss off Belichick

The No. 6 Jets are calibrating every potential move they make with the No. 7 Patriots in mind. These two really don't like each other, and it's not even close to being hype in this case. Under no scenario does New York want to see Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan make it to New England's slot, because Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Eric Mangini know the Patriots will promptly put their draft slot up for auction and reap a bounty of picks from some quarterback-needy team.

The Jets have even gone so far as to talk with the No. 8 Ravens about what it would cost them to trade up to sixth for Ryan. Anything to keep the Patriots from hitting the jackpot. Hearing that, it kind of leads one to believe the Jets have decided to pass on Ryan, even though they reportedly love him. Then again, they could anticipate having multiple options that they like -- Chris Long or Darren McFadden among them -- and wanted to see how much the Ravens would give up to get their franchise quarterback.

Ahaha. AHAHA. Fuck, I love the Jets sometimes, if we could trade up to six for Ryan I'd be happy - much happier than if we traded up to two, because from the sounds of it, we'd have to pay less than a normal six-to-eight trade just so Mangini could piss off Belichick

And to top it off, the Jets will probably outsmart themselves and let the Patriots take McFadden (if he's still there), who would proceed to roast them mercilessly twice per year. That would be their luck.

Ok, I was gonna wait until Saturday morning to post this, but what the hell. My final mock draft of 2008.

I won't speculate on any trades. I do see a few teams like Atlanta trading down but I don't put those trades in my mock.

01.) Miami Dolphins - Jake Long - OT - Michigan

02.) St. Louis Rams - Chris Long - DE - Virginia (Allows them to move Carriker to DT)

03.) Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey - DT - LSU

04.) Oakland Raiders - Vernon Gholston - DE/OLB - OSU

05.) Kansas City Chiefs - Sedrick Ellis - DT - USC

06.) New York Jets - Darren McFadden - RB - Arkansas

07.) New England Patriots - Leodis McKelvin - CB - Troy (This pick could go anywhere, but I think they trade out or go BPA here. Not good value going with McKelvin, but it is what it is.

08.) Baltimore Ravens - Matt Ryan - QB - Boston College

09.) Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers - LB - USC

10.) New Orleans Saints - Mike Jenkins - CB - South Florida (I really see the Saints trading up)

11.) Buffalo Bills - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - TSU

12.) Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady - OT - Boise State

13.) Carolina Panthers - Chris Williams - OT - Vanderbilt

14.) Chicago Bears - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Illinois

15.) Detroit Lions - Jerod Mayo - LB - Tennessee

16.) Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Stewart - RB - Oregon

17.) Kansas City Chiefs - Jeff Otah - OT - Pittsburgh

18.) Houston Texans - Aqib Talib - CB - Kansas

19.) Philadelphia Eagles - Limas Sweed - WR - Texas (Look for them to trade up, possibly to #11 for Chris Williams)

20.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brian Brohm - QB - Louisville

21.) Washington Redskins - Derrick Harvey - DE - Florida

22.) Dallas Cowboys - Devin Thomas - WR - Michigan State

23.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Branden Albert - OG - Virginia

24.) Tennessee Titans - James Hardy - WR - Indiana

25.) Seattle Seahawks - Kentwan Balmer - DT - North Carolina

26.) Jacksonville Jaguars - Philip Merling - DE - Clemson

27.) San Diego Chargers - Brandon Flowers - CB - Virginia Tech

28.) Dallas Cowboys - Felix Jones - RB - Arkansas

29.) San Francisco 49ers - Quentin Groves - DE/LB - Auburn

30.) Green Bay Packers - Antoine Cason - CB - Arizona

31.) New York Giants - Kenny Philips - S - Miami

If the Bears don't take an OT in the first round, Mendenhall is the only acceptable pick. That said, if the Bears don't take an OT in the first round, they're fucking stupid. I know Angelo has a history of finding decent players in the lower rounds, but come on, we need linemen that can start today.

So the draft will start with the Rams picking correct? I remember when the Texans drafted David Carr, they had already said they were going to draft him, I think the contract was already on the table, yet they still took a fair amount of the 15 minutes to turn in the pick.

With Goodell making changes to the draft in order to shorten it's length, I would assume the Dolphins won't take the entire time off of the clock. Granted, Goodell wouldn't have any options to punish them, but it seems that teams are taking the extra step to stay out of his path.

If the Pacman deal is finalized in time, I like the move to acquire another 4th rounder which gives us 8 picks overall I believe. I don't think we got good value, though, a 4th rounder for both of them is sad, I'd have expected at least two picks, perhaps a 3rd and a 5th or 6th. I liked Fasano but this should mean Tony Curtis moves up on the depth chart which I'm all for. And one of our linebackers had to go with the Zach Thomas move, I'm just glad it wasn't Bobby Carpenter as was rumoured.

I really hate the late start time. Draft should be starting at noon, at the lastest.

Of course my ESPN is out, so I wouldn't be happy either way