NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

It's pretty unfair to say that that is what Rich Rodriguez teams produce when that's 2 arrests out of how many players? Granted, we probably don't know all of them since most of his players aren't as high profile as Jones or Henry but unless I'm totally missing the boat on something, they haven't had that many problems. Well none involving him leaving, of course. <_<

Those are merely the two highest profile guys. Rodriguez has made a career out of recruiting the best athletes regardless of off-field issues.

"Hitting close to home for mountaineer fans was the recent Eddie Collington, James Ingram, and John Holmes dope incident, resulting in those individuals being released from the team. However, the more recent and more controversial claim is the involvement of Noel Devine and Jock Sanders at a nightclub brawl in Morgantown . That Investigation is moving at snail speed and Coach Stewart said 'he will not make a decision on it until the police investigation is completed' per Sunday night Sportsline 2/24. But beyond West Virginia , numerous offenses and suspensions have been handed down, all in the month of February." -- From Scout.com

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

EDIT: I'm not trying to say that this is a problem exclusive to WVU and/or Rich Rodriguez, but it's not like he's had a reputation for running a clean program as far as off-field issues go.

Edited by Evil Chase K

It makes the most sense. I mean, they definitely need a guy that can anchor the line and Long is by far the best Tackle prospect in the draft. Plus given the position he plays, he's likely to sign for less money overall than anybody else.

He's the safe pick and I think the right one. The Dolphins are in rebuilding mode and with them being in teh AFC, I don't see them making the playoffs anytime soon. Parcells is the type to build the lines (at least I think so) and there's no reason to pick a guy who might turn out to be a bust.

Yeah Parcells is a trenches type of guy so it doesn't surprise me. Plus given that he can find a good QB in the 2nd round, I think offensive line makes the most sense. They need help in pretty much every area but I think it's either O-Line or QB that are the biggest.

I'm just hoping that the Quentin Groves is available for the 49ers at 29 as that is by far their biggest need (pass rusher). Though if he's not and Cherlius is gone as well and Kenny Phillips is still on the board, I'd be all for them drafting him even though Safety isn't a huge need.

I feel the Dolphins are making the right choice with Jake Long. I never understood why every mock draft a month or so ago had them taking Matt Ryan. Even now, people are still saying they may take one in the 2nd or 3rd round. They have John Beck, and I think they should see how he does. He's a very intelligent guy, and with Ronnie Brown healthy, he could do really well once Parcells gets that ship rightside up. The only other pick I could see them going with is Chris Long, but I think the safe pick (and long term pick) would be taking Jake Long. Having a solid offensive tackle to anchor your O-Line is a GREAT way to rebuild your franchise.

The problem with Beck is that Parcells has no allegiance towards him. Parcells didn't draft him and to be honest, I never bought into his hype and apparently Parcells wasn't too impressed with him.

I'd say that they look to draft either Brohm (if he's still available) or Joe Flacco in the 2nd round this year because I think they're both better than Beck. Plus, if Beck truly is as good as they thought last year, having competition in camp won't hurt him because either way, I'd bet they'll probably look to add a veteran QB to add to the mix.

Yes, Parcells doesn't seem set on Beck, but Miami have so many needs that I just think they should go after other positions so early in the draft. If there is someone in the fourth or fifth round, that's one thing. But to have just drafted a quarterback in the second (I believe it was) last year, and turn around and do it again this year, would be a waste of a pick when they have so many HUGE holes on both sides of the ball. I do understand where you are coming from, though, with Parcells and him wanting to draft and create his own team.

To be honest, their needs don't really match up with who will be available in the 2nd round other than maybe Linebacker or Wide Receiver so I can definitely see them going for QB in the 2nd, especially if Brohm is available considering so many people actually have him higher than Ryan on their draft boards, which could include Parcells. And linebacker really depends on who's available and if they can fit in a 3-4 scheme. I guess I could see them going WR but again, that would depend on who they're high on, etc.

I don't know. I just know that the forum I visit for NFL stuff said that it was originally the 17th but then on ESPN today it says that it will be released tomorrow.

My guess would be that they just moved it up for no reason but that's just because I really don't have any explanation as to why. :shifty:

Monday Night Games

Week 1: Green Bay @ Minnesota and Denver @ Oakland

Week 2: Philly @ Dallas

Week 3: New York Jets @ San Diego

Week 4: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Week 5: Minnesota @ New Orleans

Week 6: New York Giants @ Cleveland

Week 7: Denver @ New England

Week 8: Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Week 9: Pittsburgh @ Washington

Week 10: San Francisco @ Arizona

Week 11: Cleveland @ Buffalo

Week 12: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Week 13: Jacksonville @ Houston

Week 14: Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Week 15: Cleveland @ Philly

Week 16: Green Bay @ Chicago

Week 17: Seattle @ Arizona

Green Bay has 3 MNF games. I don't understand why Tampa Bay didn't get any home MNF games. We won the fucking division yet we only get MNF game and that's in Carolina. Just like in 2006 when we won the division in 2005. I can never figure out why all the other division winners get a home game and we don't nor Why Green Bay didn't get a home game either.