NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Tampa Bay doesn't need Peppers we have White and Adams who combined for 13 sacks. With it both being their first years in the NFL (White played arena for the past five years I beleive. He was drafted in one NFL draft but was cut during training camp.) Not bad at all for their first year and they are going to be better this year. If anything we need to beef up or DTs.

I'm looking for Tampa Bay to take a receiver in the first round either it being Limas Sweed or Deshean Jackson.

Speaking of Desean Jackson...am I the only one that thinks he has bust written all over him? I don't know, I just think he remind me way too much of Ginn (who isn't a bust yet but is well on his way to being one).

And I was going off of team sacks and I know they have Adams and it would never happen anyways since they're in the same division. Yeah, it makes sense for them to take a WR. I mean, Galloway's getting up there and they have pretty much nobody else.

This is somewhat of a bump, but has anyone found a fairly good place or places to get mock drafts? I can't find anything that is halfway decent and with me not being a huge follower of college ball, I need some advice.

I'm a fan of Walterfootball.com

Also, would anyone be interested in participating in a legitimate board-wide mock draft at MyMockDraft.com?

I could set one up if we get enough people.

Yeah I think (much like Ginn in this respect) that Jackson could be a good returner, I just don't buy into spending a first round pick on a returner. And I don't know of any team in the first round that utilizes the slot enough to warrant a first round pick on the guy.

I'm just glad, that with the signing of Bryant Johnson, that there's no way the 49ers take him now.

I'd be interested in being apart of the mock.

Edited by Autopilot

I believe it's just straight up, but I guess we could do it as the person making the pick choosing who the other team wants and then announcing it as a trade and vice versa or something like that. I don't think they've implemented the trade system yet, but we'll see.

San Francisco have been punished for tapping up Lance Briggs. They've been stripped of their 5th round pick in next month's draft and have been forced to switch picks with Chicago in the 3rd, meaning they'll get the 12th and Chicago the 7th. I like how Goodell's using draft picks as punishments because it certainly means a lot more to teams than just a fine with all the money they have, but this doesn't seem enough to me. Then again I don't know the full extent of the wrong-doing.

Edited by alldawson

They contacted Briggs while he was still under contract with the Bears. If Briggs hadn't re-signed with the Bears, the punishment would've been much worse.

Edited by Trey

Ok, since I messed up the options of the first one, here's the new EWB draft...

EWB Mock Draft 2008

The password is "ewbnfl" and you can now select 2 teams. The draft starts once every team has been selected so if you think you know enough about 2 teams to make picks for them, please give it a shot.

This is a 7-round draft, with 8-hour pick deadlines.

Sorry for making yinz have to sign-up again, but this one is actually gonna happen now.

EDIT: And since people already signed up for teams for the past draft, please leave the following teams open for those who selected them in the previous drafts: Indianapolis, Oakland, Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, San Francisco, and Seattle. The rest are fair game.

I will take a second team when I see who's left.

Edited by Evil Chase K

I looked, there just aren't any teams I know enough about to pick. So if it comes down to needing one guy, post in here and I'll join up, but there's no reason for me to take a team if there's someone who wants one of them.