NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Well yeah sure but not in the first round now if Thomas takes the contract. I think they have a huge need now at Cornerback which far outweighs the linebacker core. And they need pretty much an instant started at cornerback too.

Well they wouldn't take a linebacker in round 1 anyway. Especially at #7, there's no value there. This draft is top-heavy with cornerbacks with at least 4-5 corners who are receiving first-round grades. If the Pats were smart they'd stay at #7 and take whoever they rank as the top CB that's left on the board.

Good linebackers can be had in rounds 2-4 as they really only need depth at LB for now.

I love when people say there's no one at a particular position worth paying top 10 money to this year. No rookie is EVER worth the amount of money they're expected to pay at that point in the draft. Shit, you guys have done nothing yet, and you hold out for than the multi-million dollar deals they have to offer? Fuck off.

Zach Thomas signs with the Cowboys

Hey, why not? Carpenter, Ayodle and Burnett weren't exactly lighting the world on fire. They can throw Thomas into the rotation and he should be effective.

If the Patriots were smart (and they are, no question about it) they would be giving the Falcons a call about DeAngelo Hall. The Falcons are wanting at least a 1st round pick for him, why shouldn't the Patriots try and trade down? The 7th pick in the draft and the rights to a first next year would probably be one of the better offers the Falcons will get (and with the Spygate stuff going on, it lets them use their first next year instead of the chance of it getting taken away.)

As for Thomas, I think he should be a guy who plays in certain situations as the head injuries could limit him and really, the Cowboys should be focused on having him in the playoffs.

He's only agreed in principle, it's not official yet. He could be an asshole and do a complete U-turn >_>

I like the move for Thomas, it gives that young front seven some experience and hopefully he can help with the development of Bobby Carpenter. He doesn't even need to be an every-down player, coming in every few plays would help us out. Only £3m for the year too, not a bad price.

Sexy Rexy will be unleashing the dragon in Chicago for at least another year, although Angelo has made it clear that he's not being given the starting role without competition. Also, Dickface Rosenhaus has said Berrian and Briggs are likely headed into free agency, but that they still hope to maintain "a healthy dialogue" with the Bears.

I think that Berrian ends up a Bear. It was common knowledge that Berrian wasn't signing with anyone until he found out the fate of Grossman with Chicago and now that Grossman's back, I see Berrian wearing a Bears jersey. Why else would the Bears offer Grossman 3 million base with 2 million in incentives? It makes no sense unless Berrian told them "Hey, get Grossman and you've more then likely got me too".

As for Briggs, I'd love to have him, but I think we have bigger needs as Williams and Okwo can both step in and play Briggs' position. He's awesome, but I firmly believe that we don't lose nearly as much replacing Briggs with one of those guys rather then taking the money away from our other needs by signing him to a big contract.

Sexy Rexy will be unleashing the dragon in Chicago for at least another year, although Angelo has made it clear that he's not being given the starting role without competition. Also, Dickface Rosenhaus has said Berrian and Briggs are likely headed into free agency, but that they still hope to maintain "a healthy dialogue" with the Bears.

(Double Post, but fuck it, I might as well put something in here.)

rexgrossman.jpg

Is that Berrian? I think he's triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. I'm throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. But fuck that. Dumpoff passes are for faggots. I'm fucking Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can't, I bet I'll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What's that? I should throw a quick slant? Fuck that. That's gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is fucking football. You can't just expect wins to come to you. You can't massage that shit. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving shit out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You're a pussy. This ain't John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy's got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I'm throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Pats cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She fucking wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh shit. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt fucking great to throw that shit. Tell me that wasn't one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I'm gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I'm gonna nail him right between the fucking eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we're talking about here. We're talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I'm not just a gunslinger. I'm a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am fucking out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I'll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I'm gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it's worth. It tells them I throw like I fuck. That's how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you're not turned on right now. I am.

Edited by Hellfire

If the Patriots were smart (and they are, no question about it) they would be giving the Falcons a call about DeAngelo Hall. The Falcons are wanting at least a 1st round pick for him, why shouldn't the Patriots try and trade down? The 7th pick in the draft and the rights to a first next year would probably be one of the better offers the Falcons will get (and with the Spygate stuff going on, it lets them use their first next year instead of the chance of it getting taken away.)

With the tampering charges being filed, I have a good feeling that Briggs will probably end up being a 49er. I like it. ILB isn't the biggest need for us, but pairing him with Briggs would create a beast of a middle, especially if they can acquire a good NT (perhaps Shaun Rogers if he can switch to being a NT). Then they go with WR in the first round (Mario Manningham, I think, would be perfect for a Martz system).

(Double Post, but fuck it, I might as well put something in here.)

rexgrossman.jpg

Is that Berrian? I think he's triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. I'm throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. But fuck that. Dumpoff passes are for faggots. I'm fucking Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can't, I bet I'll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What's that? I should throw a quick slant? Fuck that. That's gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is fucking football. You can't just expect wins to come to you. You can't massage that shit. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving shit out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You're a pussy. This ain't John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy's got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I'm throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Pats cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She fucking wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh shit. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt fucking great to throw that shit. Tell me that wasn't one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I'm gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I'm gonna nail him right between the fucking eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we're talking about here. We're talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I'm not just a gunslinger. I'm a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am fucking out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I'll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I'm gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it's worth. It tells them I throw like I fuck. That's how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you're not turned on right now. I am.

He's just a sexy boy, and he's not your boy toy? Or am I off the mark?

Yeah, they resigned him because of his late season resurgence, which was spoiled by injury rather than him sucking again. and I repeat, they signed him to compete for the job, they've not outright anointed him as starter. I should think the plan is to hold a competition between him, Neckbeard and either Griese or a free agent. To be honest, I can't see them keeping Griese around. I would think they'll be looking at a QB in the second or third round, originally Joe Flacco, but thanks to the combine, everyone seems to be interested in him now, and he may well go late in the first.