The Anime Thread

Ruki

They did a 25th episode of Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works, and I'll be damned, and it's an epilogue with original material This shit wasn't in the VN!

The fan subs for the first episode of Dragonball Super are out. It's only 1 episode in and I already like it more than GT.  

watched the first episode of 'Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?'

I like it, so far. A bit fan service-y...but it has charm. I like that the main character has a freaking character sheet.

Has anyone watched Great Teacher Onizuka? I'm really enjoying it thus far.

GTO is the shit. If you're watching it dubbed, you can pretty much never listen to anything voiced by Steven Blum without getting confused again. It's one of my absolute favorites. 

watched the first episode of 'Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?'

I like it, so far. A bit fan service-y...but it has charm. I like that the main character has a freaking character sheet.

I enjoyed it; it wasn't as fanservicey as some other shows, Hestia seems to have dethroned Kirino in the Anime Queen department. 

So, I now live in a house with a good friend who is self-described 'weeb trash'. I mean, there's even a waifu shower curtain, guys. I'm totally a stranger in a strange land. What should I watch to not be completely lost?

What kinda shows do you like/

So, I now live in a house with a good friend who is self-described 'weeb trash'. I mean, there's even a waifu shower curtain, guys. I'm totally a stranger in a strange land. What should I watch to not be completely lost?

What kinda shows do you like/

Animated? Archer, umm, Steven Universe, I guess...I dunno, I don't watch much animated stuff anymore.

Live-Action? Game of Thrones, Justified, Orange is the New Black, Vikings, shit like that...

Well, with anime, it's hard to take modern shows, especially the recent stuff, and find something you'd like based on that. 

Your best bet is to start with what is generally regarded as the good stuff, and then work your way into other avenues. So then...THE GOOD STUFF:

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Outlaw Star

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Death Note

Attack on Titan

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Code Geass

My suggestions:

If you're in the mood for pure badass action (with a pretty solid story): Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagaan

If you're in the mood for a pretty awesome story (with some pretty good action): Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass

If you're in the mood for cute-sy comedy: Kokoro Connect, Azumanga Diaoh or Nichijou

If you're in the mood for some drama: Death Note, Death Parade, Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass, Steins;Gate

If you're in the mood for the best (action, comedy, drama, and an awesome story): Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

• Like 1