The Anime Thread

Ruki

Does Naruto get shitty as it goes along? I always hear people trashing it but I was reading my old Shonen Jump issues the other day it the manga seemed to be pretty good. I think it was my least fav series in SJ when they were new but now I kinda wanna read the manga. I plan on reading Yu Yu Hakusho and Shaman King again soon so I think I might throw Naruto in too.

So I started to watch Dragon Ball Z from the very beginning. I don't remember so many episodes being filler and how slow paced it can be at times. I want to say I only originally watched from the end of the Vegeta saga to the end of Frieza, so I'm a bit unsure of what to expect later on.

So I started to watch Dragon Ball Z from the very beginning. I don't remember so many episodes being filler and how slow paced it can be at times. I want to say I only originally watched from the end of the Vegeta saga to the end of Frieza, so I'm a bit unsure of what to expect later on.

Awesomeness is what you should expect. The Android Saga is the best portion of DBZ.

Edited by Kirkland

Just watch The Abridged Series by Team Four Star. It's pretty much the same story at a much more reasonable (and hilarious) pace.

I'm actually watching Abridged from the beginning of the Android Saga again right now. Their playthough of Xenoverse made me wanna go back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to come back and finish Durarara season 2 and The Rolling Girls.

Man....Durarara is really boring/meh. I really liked the first season, but this? It's not doing it for me. Only 3 more episodes though.

It was a mess, there's too much going on in Durarara. Maybe it cleans itself up during the next season this summer?

It's getting a 3rd season? Ehhh.....not sure I want to keep up with it at this point.

But yeah, there is way too much going on. There was a lot in season 1, but it was all self contained, nothing forgot. Like...the Hollywood Killer? Izaya(sp?)'s sisters? Made to seem like big, important plot points...but nope.

Edit: Dammit....why did the last episode have to be interesting? Might watch season 3 down the line. But right now? Need something a bit more light hearted....The Rolling Girls. Then something after that.