The Anime Thread

Ruki

Just tried to find Mirai Nikki to no luck? Booo

Watching the first episode....really cool! A lot more gory than I was expecting.

So...the diarys so far....

-The kid can see his own future

-The girl who can see 10 minutes into his future

-This crazy murderer (who is totally a chick) who has ???

....wtf? The murderer died already? BOOOOO!!!!!!

Hopefully they don't go for a sissy ending where the guy and girl both survive. That'd be lame!

Stalker chick is creepy, cool!

Bwahaha, everyone watch after the ending theme...that's great.

So, which day of the week does it come out? This is gonna be one I download/watch weekly. Last time was Highschool Of The Dead.

Edit: I like Baka To Test for the quote: "I'm going to punch you in the balls with my left hand!"

Although, not a fan of the anti-gay point in the second episode (faggot, dyke, and saying 'being gay is wrong')

So, which day of the week does it come out? This is gonna be one I download/watch weekly. Last time was Highschool Of The Dead.

I think it airs in Japan on Sunday, so getting it early Monday morning would be the earliest I think. If you don't mind spoilers too much, read the manga as well; you can find it as either Mirai Nikki or Future Diary.

I know you will, but just keep all Mirai Nikki stuff spoilered. I have the first episode waiting for me but just haven't got round to watch it yet, I have Ben-To waiting as well. Was going to watch them the day I got them but decided to start with Gundam 00 instead, got through the first episode and was none the wiser so have watched four now and I'm beginning to work it all out now. The main problem is, when they cut to scenes at the Human Reform League, Union or AEU, they subtitle them in Japanese but don't give you an English either. So I can never quite tell which superpower we're looking at until a bit later on.

I finally finished Steins;Gate, too. Must have watched the second half of the series in two evenings. I'm glad I did as well because I was just literally craving the next episode as soon as the last one ended. It's just so well done and cleverly pulled together but up until the last episode we're still being shocked. Just such a good series, well worth the effort of watching the whole thing.

Final episode of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei is coming up. After this: SAMURAI CHAMPLOO!

I really don't have anything else to watch that I've been meaning to watch since May.

What's everyone looking forward to this season?

I've heard lots of you guys say Fate/zero.

My list is as follows:

(in no particular order)

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Kimi to Boku

Mirai Nikki (Mick mentioned this one, didn't he?)

Tamayura - Hitotose

Also, is Working!! (Wagnaria) getting a new season? I liked that show and wanted to see where it was going.

As someone who is psychologically conditioned at this point to watch more than one episode of a show at a time, these slow releases of Fate/zero and Mirai Nikki are screwing with me.

On the plus side, I'm 8 episodes into Samurai Champloo. :shifty:

Thoughts on the first three Fate/Zero episodes:

--Rider is fucking awesome. Haven't even seen this guy fight yet, and he's already making plans for world domination. And it's not even supervilliany; he's talking about taking out "That Clinton Man" and wanting to get 'big black B-2 thingys'.

--Caster is scary awesome. He's only been in one scene so far, the scene where he's summoned, but to some it up, he sees a kid scared shitless. He looks at his little spell book (made out of human flesh), and simply says "cthulhu fhtagn", which leads to me just how "Oh, fuck." He lets the kid go, only for a shitload of tentacles to grab said kid.

--Nice to see Tohsaka Rin as a kid. She's still a brat :shifty:

--Still, kind of sad knowing how this things boils down, largely due to the obvious fact that it's a prequel. Having only read part of the light novel, the rest should be pretty fun.

Haven't seen this week's Mirai Nikki, but given that they have only so many episodes to work with (26 I think), and the pace of the manga, watch it this week. Shit's going to start happening fast.

Personally, I'm a big fan of an episode a week. It means I don't get so distracted. If the whole thing's out, I'll spend a day or two watching it (when I should be doing other things).

But yeah, IAceI, definately watch Mirai Nikki. The first episode was pretty cool. That chick (you know the one) is craaaaazy.

She totally sacrifices herself to save the main character, doesn't she?

Personally, I'm a big fan of an episode a week. It means I don't get so distracted. If the whole thing's out, I'll spend a day or two watching it (when I should be doing other things).

But yeah, IAceI, definately watch Mirai Nikki. The first episode was pretty cool. That chick (you know the one) is craaaaazy.

She totally sacrifices herself to save the main character, doesn't she?

Major spoiler in answering your question:

No.

Also, you have no clue how crazy Yuno is. Seriously.