The Anime Thread

Ruki

Latest episode of Tiger & Bunny was a bit plodding, but it's pretty much just the set up for the final two episodes coming over the next week. Really enjoyed the series as a whole, but my limited itme means I haven't managed to see the latest Usagi Drop or even start Steins;Gate.

Slowly plodding through Code Geass and Gurren Lagann at a sluggish speed but there's no great rush. I've seen them both already anyways so just re-familiarising myself with them. I won't spoil it since I know Mick needs to watch GL but I've just got up to THAT episode. So still relatively early on but just not go the time to sit and watch them all at the minute.

Out of curiosity, is it

The one where Kamina dies?

:crying:

Latest episode of Tiger & Bunny was a bit plodding, but it's pretty much just the set up for the final two episodes coming over the next week. Really enjoyed the series as a whole, but my limited itme means I haven't managed to see the latest Usagi Drop or even start Steins;Gate.

Slowly plodding through Code Geass and Gurren Lagann at a sluggish speed but there's no great rush. I've seen them both already anyways so just re-familiarising myself with them. I won't spoil it since I know Mick needs to watch GL but I've just got up to THAT episode. So still relatively early on but just not go the time to sit and watch them all at the minute.

Out of curiosity, is it

Guess so :shifty:

I watched about 8 episodes of it back in April or May, largely as I worked on school stuff.

The one where Kamina dies?

:crying:

I've heard that the anime is just a big tease for the movies. Confirm or deny?

Big tease? No. Regular tease? Yes.

If you watched the whole series, but not the movies, you wouldn't be too pissed off about it. A pretty good series! I suggest everyone check it out.

Watched it last week, I enjoyed the whole thing (this includes the movies).

Right now, I'm rewatching Fate/stay night as I go through school work.

For those not familiar, the visual novel can take three paths: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel. While the series focuses on the Fate route, they did a movie that was more or less an abridged Unlimited Blade Works, there's nothing with Heaven's Feel :( . Not to mention all the other stuff that Fate has...:shifty:

Argh I'm juggling too much at once at the minute. The final episode of Tiger & Bunny is out at the weekend so I'm looking forward to that. I also started on Steins;Gate last night, at last, and after one episode I'm instantly intrigued and looking forward to more.

Been watching more of Code Geass and Gurren Lagann too. Got up to the Mao section with Geass, just seen him killed off and did Zero genuinely have no idea that Suzaku was in the Lancelot? I racked my brain and are we sure at no point Zero had seen him pilot it? I thought he knew. Bloody hell.

Also I'm up to Adrienne being done in under water by team Dai-Gurren, so that leaves Guam, the camp fella and the Spiral King. I really can't remember much else about this series, it's genuinely like watching the whole thing again if I'm honest. And having watched the dub version, I really don't think we can pull of saying 'bro' this much.

I haven't watched anything since I finished Eden of the East :(

Watching TV/playing games has been a pain for me lately, going to the eye doctor on Wednesday ...after that? If things get fixed, I plan on starting Fairy Tail.

Just getting around to Ouran High School Host Club. Only four episodes in, but it's pretty good -- I wish that Netflix offered a Japanese audio track option with subtitles, but oh well. So far I love Kaoru & Hikaru's schtick.

Just getting around to Ouran High School Host Club. Only four episodes in, but it's pretty good -- I wish that Netflix offered a Japanese audio track option with subtitles, but oh well. So far I love Kaoru & Hikaru's schtick.

It gets better.

I'd suggest Tiger & Bunny. I really liked it - as anyone whose read my posts in here will know - and think its worth your while. That said I've finished all 25 episodes now so it wouldn't be worthy me joining in. :shifty:

I'm working my way through Steins;Gate now. And slowly on Code Geass and Gurren Lagann, but since I've seen them already there's no rush. However I'd like to get a bit more of them watched as the Autumn season will be starting imminently and I there's stuff I fancy watching - such as Ben-To about a game of survival in a supermarket.. plus there's other stuff too I'd probably like keeping up with.

Oh and Usagi Drop is nearly finished too. Brilliant series but wouldn't recommend for a simul-watching thing!

Right, Tiger & Bunny is about (without trying to give much away) a group of NEXT (humans with super powers) who protect the city of Stern Bild from the bad guys. The whole thing is recorded on TV and basically crime-fighting is a TV show where the heroes compete for points.

The anime is set up around Kotetsu T Kaburagi, a veteran whose super hero alter-ego is Wild Tiger, and Barnaby Brooks Jr. who are teamed together to fight crime; meanwhile BBJr. also searches for the mystery as to who murdered his parents when he was 4 which leads to the weird world of Ouroboros.

Also we meet a vigilante called Lunatic who always references the Voice of Thanatos. Whatever that is.

Truly fun series with loveable and detestable characters, a quick moving storyline and nothing so complicated it makes your head spin. Rave reviews throughout all of Japan, seen as the best series of the year so far by man and getting high marks off everyone. Well worth a watch.

Right, Tiger & Bunny is about (without trying to give much away) a group of NEXT (humans with super powers) who protect the city of Stern Bild from the bad guys. The whole thing is recorded on TV and basically crime-fighting is a TV show where the heroes compete for points.

The anime is set up around Kotetsu T Kaburagi, a veteran whose super hero alter-ego is Wild Tiger, and Barnaby Brooks Jr. who are teamed together to fight crime; meanwhile BBJr. also searches for the mystery as to who murdered his parents when he was 4 which leads to the weird world of Ouroboros.

Also we meet a vigilante called Lunatic who always references the Voice of Thanatos. Whatever that is.

Truly fun series with loveable and detestable characters, a quick moving storyline and nothing so complicated it makes your head spin. Rave reviews throughout all of Japan, seen as the best series of the year so far by man and getting high marks off everyone. Well worth a watch.

And that's where you sold me. I'll be downloading this tonight.

I did not see that coming with Haruhi's dad at all. He's awesome, though.

"So, this is what you meant by 'fun'?"

"Yes! I call it.. the stalking game!"

Is that Tiger & Bunny? Or Haruhi Suzumiya?

Bah! I wanna get home and download this already <_<

Is that Tiger & Bunny? Or Haruhi Suzumiya?

Bah! I wanna get home and download this already <_<

Wrong Haruhi, Ruki <_<

It's Ouran High School Host Club.