The Anime Thread

Ruki

I'll probably give Final Fantasy a miss then, doesn't sound too hot and I don't think I can sit through that many episodes waiting for something to maybe happen.

Usagi Drop episode seven was as good as ever, I know what to expect with each episode more or less now and it's just a nice relaxing thing to watch at night, really.

I also took in a couple more episodes of Code Geass, episodes six and seven. The one where they try to capture the cat and the one where Zero is essentially picked apart by Cornelia in battle.

"You have two options, you can either drop three ranks and begin again as a pilot. Or you can cultivate an orange farm."

I started watching Tiger & Bunny, too. It seems to be really popular so I thought I'd see what the fuss was about and got the first couple of episodes watched. Basically, there are some 'advanced humans' called NEXT's who have specialy powers and the like; some of them use them for good - and some for bad. The best part about it is it's essentially a TV program called HERO TV (original) and the hero's all get points for doing heroic deeds such as arresting the bad guys and saving citizens. Wild Tiger is a washed up superhero and is teamed up with a young rookie called Barnaby (Bunny) and they work together to stop crime.

I'm sure there'll be more of the story than that, but I'm only two episodes in so they're the basics. Oh, the product placement is fantastic, who wouldn't want to be saved by a superhero sponsored by Pepsi?

Edited by IAceI

So, in the last week I've knocked out Fate/stay night, Genshiken and probably tomorrow I'll wrap of Minami-ke It's three seasons, I've been working on one a day; only a few episodes left, not sure if I want to stay up to finish it).

Minami-ke is fun, not as good as Azumanga Daioh, but I'm sure some of you will like it. It's the tale of three sisters (Aged about 10, 13 and 17) and their daily antics in a life where parents are nowhere to be found.

You guys might get a kick out of Genshiken too; it's about a college's club for 'appreciating the visual arts', which is another way of saying it's an otaku club.

Fate/stay night and the OVA were remarkably faithful to the source material, even with certain things cut out :shifty: . I'm glad I finished the Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works paths in the game before hand (still working on Heaven's Feel) before I watched it.

So, here's what's on the every growing list as far as crap I want/need to watch (From the stuff that's been in the collection the longest to the newest)

--Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

--FMA: Brotherhood (To be honest, the length scares me :shifty:)

--Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

--Lovely Complex

--Special A

--Samurai Champloo (I'll get their eventually)

--Great Teacher Onizuka

--Cromartie High School

--Welcome to the NHK

Lovely Complex, not sure why I downloaded it, Special A had some promise, just not sure where to begin here. Help me out a bit :shifty:

Never bothered watching the anime but the Genshiken manga is probably the best slice-of-life manga I've ever read.

The anime was hysterical.

Knocked out Welcome to the NHK yesterday, working on Durarara!! . I'll probably do either Gurren Lagaan next or Samurai Champloo.

If I can finish Lucky Star, then with God as my witness, I will watch those two!

Finished up Great Teacher Onizuka tonight; good stuff, good stuff...

So, now:

--Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

--FMA: Brotherhood

--Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

--Lovely Complex

--Special A

--Samurai Champloo

--Cromartie High School

Think I'll go with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, finally, saving FMA Brotherhood and Samurai Champloo for last (Largely because FMA: Brotherhood is, from what I understand, still going on, so It'll make sense to save it for last, while Samurai Champloo can wait; I will watch it though).

I've heard that the anime is just a big tease for the movies. Confirm or deny?

Big tease? No. Regular tease? Yes.

If you watched the whole series, but not the movies, you wouldn't be too pissed off about it. A pretty good series! I suggest everyone check it out.

I've heard that the anime is just a big tease for the movies. Confirm or deny?

Big tease? No. Regular tease? Yes.

If you watched the whole series, but not the movies, you wouldn't be too pissed off about it. A pretty good series! I suggest everyone check it out.

Downloading now, I'll give it a shot.

Latest episode of Tiger & Bunny was a bit plodding, but it's pretty much just the set up for the final two episodes coming over the next week. Really enjoyed the series as a whole, but my limited itme means I haven't managed to see the latest Usagi Drop or even start Steins;Gate.

Slowly plodding through Code Geass and Gurren Lagann at a sluggish speed but there's no great rush. I've seen them both already anyways so just re-familiarising myself with them. I won't spoil it since I know Mick needs to watch GL but I've just got up to THAT episode. So still relatively early on but just not go the time to sit and watch them all at the minute.

Latest episode of Tiger & Bunny was a bit plodding, but it's pretty much just the set up for the final two episodes coming over the next week. Really enjoyed the series as a whole, but my limited itme means I haven't managed to see the latest Usagi Drop or even start Steins;Gate.

Slowly plodding through Code Geass and Gurren Lagann at a sluggish speed but there's no great rush. I've seen them both already anyways so just re-familiarising myself with them. I won't spoil it since I know Mick needs to watch GL but I've just got up to THAT episode. So still relatively early on but just not go the time to sit and watch them all at the minute.

Out of curiosity, is it

The one where Kamina dies?