The Anime Thread

Ruki

I guess it's supposed to have better plot and whatnot than Sword Art Online, only the animation isn't quite as good. I probably should give it a chance (the first season I mean), considering that I saw the premise and thought "Oh wow, haven't heard that before..."

Inou Battle In Everyday Life... or something like that. It's not a great translation.

It's not an original anime, there's a light novel and a manga out for it too but I haven't exactly talked to anyone who has read them. I can't wait for more (and the last) Mushishi, more Yowamushi Pedal, more Psycho-Pass, Amagi Brilliant Park (always watch KyoAni shows), Sanzoku no Musume Ronja is a Ghibli show that could be good, and Shirobako has my attention because of PA Works. Still have 7 weeks or so until the season so a lot of shit could get announced still.

Trying to broaden my horizons, but need some help.

So, if you had to recommend three animes, the three animes you personally enjoyed the most over your anime watching career, what would the three be? Add the whys if you want to as well.

I know I'm late on this but:

1- Black Lagoon- Best way I can put why this is awesome is that it's basically what a Quentin Tarentino anime would be like.

2- Fooly Cooly- It's a batshit crazy series about a bored kid in a small town who manifests a badass robot from his forehead.

3- Darker Than Black- Urban fantasy action thriller about a vigilante in a world where people have superhuman abilities that come with a price (for example, every time you use your power, you might have to smoke a cigarette, or read a page from a book... or break one of your fingers).

Also recommended: GITS:SAC, Samurai 7, Danganronpa, Speed Grapher

Danganronpa was good, but it's my opinion that anything that was a visual novel should be played before you see adaptations of it. For example, say you watch the Tsukihime anime. That anime was pretty much shit. The VN, on the other hand, pretty good.

Fair enough. I would have also mentioned the BlazBlue anime but the first two games' story modes tell the exact same story only better (and without the completely unnecessary harem comedy bit, though that might have been a gag reel I missed).

Well, that, and I didn't like how Bang was changed from hilarious parody of shonen heroes to a serious character.

Oh, and the big defection near the end is completely marginalized.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

So I was listening to stuff from the Katawa Shoujo voice acting project Katawa Seiyū and it got me thinking about something. I know in Japan quite a few anime get Audio Drama adaptations or additional content in AD form. Do any of those ever make it to the states and get redone in English? that seems like something a lot of people on the internet would be into. The closest thing I've found is a fan adaptation of Fruits Basket.

As many amateur voice actors as their are on youtube I'm surprised there isn't more fan projects like this.

Guys, I used to love Dragonball Z, watched every episode of Naruto and stopped with shippuden somewhere around last year. (Still going to get the last game in 3 weeks)

But I started watching Death Note today and I'm 7 episodes in and I already love it more then DBZ and Naruto.

The latest Ao Haru Ride was really weird.

Let me teach you a lesson about being assaulted, by assaulting you! After you've stalked me!

I always say that there is a show that I will watch (I haven't watched a new anime since KLK).............but....PSYCHO PASS 2!!!!

Also, Inou-Battle Wa Nichijoukei No Naka De (holy fuck that name....what's the English version?) sounds amazing. And it's by Trigger, so I will have to check it out. Trinity Seven sounds like it could be fun, but will likely be filled with fan service.

Anyone watch Log Horizon? I like the whole 'online game' series...just wondering if it's any good.

Why isn't it October? I want these new animes now.