The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

He's not the only one to have his copy already posted :)

In that case, see my previous post. :shifty:

Btw, did your order say "processing" before "posted" ? - Mine was processing at about 9 o'clock last night, and still is, so if posted is the next stage it goes to, it should happen some time this evening.

I'm behind the sub-forum creation, it's not as if it's hard to merge topics but splitting them up would be. The amount of topics will probably beat the majority of other forums on the board and it would *probably* be the hottest place on te board during it. If it dosn't work then the forum can easily be deleted but this game has much more hype than San Andreas did and especially with the new stuff for online. I'd agree with an onine thread, perhaps stickied, but a lot of other threads will spawn and if contained to one thread, well... things would probably get very messy within that thread.

I'm hoping these early dispatches have a knock on as they seem to do with Football Manager, and prompt the shops to start selling the game Monday instead to catch up on the sales. I was so close to pre-ordering off Play.com a few months ago too but decided it wouldn't make a difference to when it gets here due to Tuesday release

I've played it. Oh yes. Now who wants to touch me?

My housemate works for Gamestation, and they had a delivery today, so put the display copy on. As it was quiet, they let us have a go for 10-15 minutes. Technically, as it's an 18, they shouldn't even have it on.

It was awesome. The sense of scale is phenomenal. You actually feel lost, like you would in a real city. Crashing your car and hurling out the windscreen when you crash into a pylon is hilarious. I also got nailed by a taxi when crossing the street. NOTE: You now need to check for traffic when crossing the street. You are not safe to just dive into traffic anymore. Which is AWESOME. Running up stairs is great, and feels like it really takes effort. Very much a fan of the new cop system too.

It still feels like GTA, just an update. Not a fan of the hand-to-hand contact system, but as the game had JUST started, I assume that'll upgrade.

I only played it for ten minutes, but it KILLS me I now have to wait till Tuesday to play it again.