The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

It's working fine for me, shows you things like the weapon of choice, how many people have been arrested, worst street for crime, shit like that.

EDIT: Jesus, someone's gotten 100% already, in only eighteen hours :|

The 100% Club is it? Says it can't load the data on mine :/

Anyone ever had a random ped start a conversation with you?

I just wandered down the street looking around when a cutscene started. Some crackhead took the piss out of me, gave me $100 then walked away.

Weird.

He shows up later with a quest, that I didn't do because I got run over by a car seconds after starting it. Haven't seen him since then. My guess he's one of those random citizens you get an achievement for if you encounter all of them

Brian is the first random person you meet in the game. He has three missions you can do. As you play through the main missions, you unlock new people that give you random missions.

And if you're wondering where the side missions like vigilante are, read this spoiler.

As you progress through the main missions, you'll unlock the side missions. Unlike past GTA, they're tied to the story.

Question...where are the hidden packages/whatever the collectables for this game? I ahven't seen any...

The hidden packages are pigeons you shoot. You'll hear them if they're near you.
Edited by abundant

Jesus...Im only 9.77% so far.

Question...where are the hidden packages/whatever the collectables for this game? I ahven't seen any... PS:I love this game, though the soundtrack is really quite disappointing:( Tuff Gong is the only station I really like.

It's working fine for me, shows you things like the weapon of choice, how many people have been arrested, worst street for crime, shit like that.

The 100% Club is it? Says it can't load the data on mine :/

As long as the gamertag is linked to your social club profile (see a few posts above) go to the LCPD Blotter to see that info.

The 100% Club is just that...for people who have completed the game 100%. I only played for like 45 minutes yesterday and currently at 2% (or so it says when tyring to get into the 100% Club).

Leaked version

Leaked version

And thats a justification...how? It's still really fucking sad >_>

Leaked version

And thats a justification...how? It's still really fucking sad >_>

He didn't play it for eighteen hours, basically.

Could Bellic be the best Main GTA character yet?

Easily, and the story so far is the best one yet, simply because everything is grounded in reality. Niko, your friends, contacts, girlfriends, main missions, side missions, everything feels real, compared to the over the top nature of past GTA. It feels like you're in a movie now, not a game.

Guest R.Moncrief

Niko's lack of compassion really allows me, as the player, to explore areas in a GTA game I've never explored before. I could never manage to go on any rampages in the other games because it just didn't feel realistic to me. Niko's just got a black heart of stone, though, so shooting a ped between the eyes is no problem.

He's also not very good at confronting people. Every time he has a 'message' to deliver to someone, he announces it to them and gives them enough time to run away and go on a stupid cross-city chase <_<