The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Is it now just a rolling spike on six stars?

Six stars nets you three helicopters, tons of cops, tons of SWAT, tons of FBI, and a huge search radius that's nearly impossible to get out of.

....and your dad roaming the streets with a slipper in his hand.

I’ve tried to avoid making suggestions for the forum since being de-adminned cause I know how difficult it is to keep everybody pleased but in this case I really do think a subforum, albeit temporary, is justified.

Anyone who was around when San An came out will remember the explosion of topics that triggered the creation of the sub-forum. Which was probably the busiest of all for a good few months at least after release.

Keeping the game to one thread would make it absurdly difficult to A: find help for particular missions, B: keep discussion going about more than one subject, C: keep up with the massive amount of posts and most importantly for me D: avoid having the game spoilt for me.

Last time there were topics for most missions, topics about vehicles, easter eggs, adventures into Mt Chiliad and the Back o’ Beyond. I think this (at least in my opinion) being the biggest game release of the year really deserves it.

That’s my little campaign over with. =)

I personally like Zero's idea of three threads for spoilers, not spoilers and multi-player.

Taking this suggestion for one moment, is there any reason why the latter two couldn't be combined into one thread?

Well as you can see over the past few pages, we've been discussing different games we might make in game. Plus there's arranging game sessions, discussing upcoming/previous sessions etc etc.

I would say go one further and make an Xbox multiplayer thread and a different one for the PS3.

Doesn't most of the 360 multiplayer discussion occurr in the Megathread through, as opposed to the individual game threads? I dunno, it just seems sort of gratuitous when GTA isn't even a primarily multiplayer game, like Halo is yet when was the last post made in it's thread?

It's all just discussion at this stage though, before someone gets up in arms :P

I would say go one further and make an Xbox multiplayer thread and a different one for the PS3.

In which case, those would seem well enough covered by the XBox Megathread and the (potentially upgraded) PS3 Online Names/Megathread.

That scenario would leave two dedicated GTAIV threads (spoilers and non-spoilers), with multiplayer being absorbed into Megathreads of the respective consoles.

Edited by stokeriño

I think a sub-forum is the best idea, the coin-op will just be too cluttered otherwise and while having 3 basic threads is one solution, it'll also mean having to trawl through scores of pages to find what you want. The game is going to be massive, I think a sub-forum is justified. Threads can be marked with spoilers if they'll contain them.