Heath Ledger is Dead

GoGo Yubari

Both CNN and TMZ have breaking news notices, and, er. Here, I'll quote TMZ;

TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He plays The Joker in the upcoming Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

I. If this is true, holy fucking shit.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching the Situation Room and they interrupted for a minute for Wolf Blitzer to announce that Heath Ledger has apparently been found dead in an apartment in Manhattan by police.

No details yet, and I haven't found anything online about it, either, other than a brief Breaking News header on CNN's website.

Holy shit. Just as he was about to play the villain in one of the most anticipated films in ages, and it probably would've shot up his popularity too.

I haven't seen much of his work, only his stuff in the Brothers Grimm, which I hated. But he seemed to be on the up and this is tragic news, RIP.

Police are saying it could be a possible drug overdose, but surely they have to wait for an autopsy or something to be done before they can say that?

To say it's a POSSIBLE drug overdose? No. You don't have to be a master of induction to consider that possibility when one notes his age, his physical shape, and the fact that pills were found near his bed. Saying it's definitely a drug overdose, that would be jumping the gun. But it most certainly is a possibility, all things considered.

Like Pesci said, he was one of the biggest villians in what would have easily been one of the biggest films of the year, regardless of whether you liked him this is fucking shocking.

That is just eerie as fuck to hear. To put it in very poor but sensible terms, anyone who played Hollywood Mogul ever have the point where a random 20something or 30something actor die? I guess, this is like that, only obviously much worse.

And damn Ledger was one of those actors I thought was truly getting legitimacy. I remember seeing him in 10 Things and Knight's Tale and thinking he was another pretty boy but as his career went on and stuff like Monster's Ball and *groan* Brokeback came along, I was getting more impressed. And him in The Dark Knight looked awesome by the trailers, but yeah, wow.

RIP

Of all the news items I expected to read today, this was not one of them. What a total bummer... much like Brandon Lee, he will be immortalized due to an iconic role after his death. As sad as it is, he will now never be forgotten.

Police are saying it could be a possible drug overdose, but surely they have to wait for an autopsy or something to be done before they can say that?

To say it's a POSSIBLE drug overdose? No. You don't have to be a master of induction to consider that possibility when one notes his age, his physical shape, and the fact that pills were found near his bed. Saying it's definitely a drug overdose, that would be jumping the gun. But it most certainly is a possibility, all things considered.

I suppose this means the viral marketing for The Dark Knight will probably be stopped dead in its tracks, most likely. It'd just be too surreal and eerie now that Ledger's dead, I think.