Cloverfield

timbawolf

New viral stuff has popped up lately, allegedly tied in with the sequel. Alot of it doesn't seem to connect, including a strange diagram that involves a picture of an alien very reminiscent to the Alien 3 logo. Then there's a video called "The Night Shot" which is pretty interesting, but after watching it, it seems like it'd have more to do with Reeves' Invisible Woman field than anything Cloverfield related.

Of course then there's viral stuff which has the original 01-18-08 scrambled, there's a map of the New York City subway system floating around, and a video of basically the scene from the teaser with the explosion being watched from a rooftop, but its not in New York, it appears to be in Germany. So maybe the monster is going global.

Edited by Maxx

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finaly seen it, it was a fun time but i think it should have ended with them being eaten out of the sky.

the dvd extras, to alternate endings, i hope non of em will be happy happy joy joy all together. I might get this... but 29.99 seems to be a redicules list price.

• commentary Director Matt Reeves

• Featurette: The Making of Cloverfield

• Featurette: Cloverfield Visual Effects

• Featurette: I Saw It! It's Alive! It's Huge

• Featurette: Clover Fun

• extra Szene: Congrats Rob

• extra Szene: When You're in Japan

• extra Szene: I Call That a Date

• extra Szene: It's Going to Hurt

• extra Szene: Alt Ending #1

• extra Szene: Alt Ending #2

• Easter Egg: Slusho!

• Easter Egg: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 2

• Easter Egg: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 5

• Easter Egg: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 9

• Easter Egg: Person of Interest - JLVD Video 11

• Easter Egg: Rack 'Em & Pack 'Em

• Easter Egg: Fighting the X

In all fairness, the list prices for DVDs usually ARE that high. That's typically the MSRP. Most retail chains knock the MSRP down to the $20 range, but sometimes they get knocked down even further. Stores like Barnes and Noble don't tend to do that, though.

When the DVDs are normally 29.99 msrp, they are usually knocked down to 24.99 upon release, then brought back up to 29.99 (the 2 or 3 disc special editions, depending on what the extra content is). They usually have another version of the same movie (with one disc) that usually goes for 19.99 (and upon release are usually 14.99-17.99 depending on where you buy them). And some older movies inexplicably are still selling for 24.99 at Best Buy (Magnolia/Boogie Nights/Punch Drunk Love -- aren't they all P.T. Anderson movies?).

I did a bit of reading about that aladygama stuf and it seem to be a hoax.

The best point seems to be that all cloverfield pages have been in a paramount IP range and this stuff lies somewhere in germany (was and the domain registert by a german guy) so don´t get your hopes up. I even saw an Interview with Abrahams where he said they were in the very early stages of thinking about maybe doing a sequell... (i actualy thought cloverfield was designed in many ways that there would be actual need for a sequell... but thats his style after all, and my main reason to hate the work he dos most of the time ;-) )

• 4 weeks later...

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

(spoilered for length)

The REAL username/password to USGX-8810-B467-233PX.com has been found by Unfiction's Tether!

The password was in fact something that Alyse Hanssen should have been able to figure out herself, IF she bought the Cloverfield DVD (and not the SteelBook version!!).

The username is simply alysehanssen, and the password was the mysterious number on the "Project Cloverfield" sticker which seals the DVD - 11112014349.

Entering the correct username and password reveals no new information, and the "parent directory" still takes you to "unauthorized", so I have the feeling we have found everything there is to find. Good work everyone!

http://www.usgx8810b467233px.com/

When you login there you find three photos, the first is a black and white of the monster and the parasites being discovered by Tagruato submarines. The third one is a classified document, a transcript of a conversation between one of the subs and someone named Atsumi that was stationed on one of the rigs. Here's the transcript:

TRANSMISSION 5 OF 98/[CENSORED] [CENSORED]

NGOG ATSUMI

SUB - 4767

INTERNAL USE ONLY

Translator: [CENSORED]

(In progress)

ATSUMI: (unknown) with all firepower.....(static).....no one left

4767: [CENSORED]

ATSUMI: [CENSORED]

4767: (unknown) the pieces?

ATSUMI: (unknown) like it's searching for them or (unknown)

4767: What about the VIP (unknown) to evacuate?

ATSUMI: The eco-terrorists had some (unknown) ware in the (unknown) containment rooms. It's been lost. They're all dead.

4767: (unknown) We'll notify the publicity administrator.

ATSUMI: It went after them.

4767: (unknown)

Atsumi: Nothing. We even tried using the (unknown) remnants. We can't get a link. It hasn't...(unknown)

4767: (unknown)

ATSUMI: What? I didn't hear you? Oh, no, no! (screaming)

4767: (overlapping) (unknown)

ATSUMI: I can't..(screaming)

And last night, Missing Teddy Hanssen posted this:

They can forge documents easy, you know? Photoshop or whatever they use. I don't know. I don't believe it. He's still out there somewhere. I'd know it if he was gone. Screw that guy. Someone was just messing with me. That's all it is.

I may have another lead I'm checking in with tonight -- I'll keep you guys posted.

EDIT: The pictures Tristy posted are the ones that appear on the USGX-8810-B467-233PX.com website, so yeah, I doubt they're from Cloverfield 2. The website was apparently made in February 2008, so it seems it's just something for the DVD release that ties in with all the previous viral marketing.

Edited by Running Zombie Cloudy