The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

41 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I think when I did my first run as Golden Deer I managed to get 3 students to swap sides.

I am aiming for Ash and Casper at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, RPS said:

Savage. 😭

This is how I choose to come back after two months: by telling you that all you're missing is the worst archer in the game who can't stop yelling LONATO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sousa said:

This is how I choose to come back after two months: by telling you that all you're missing is the worst archer in the game who can't stop yelling LONATO.

Ok but he was cute.

1 minute ago, RPS said:

Ok but he was cute.

He is a sweet little bean and I had a fun little air squad with him in Blue Lions along with Ingrid and Seteth, all in flying classes, but he was basically Bad Claude in that role and I haven't been able to figure out something for him to do that's good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sousa said:

He is a sweet little bean and I had a fun little air squad with him in Blue Lions along with Ingrid and Seteth, all in flying classes, but he was basically Bad Claude in that role and I haven't been able to figure out something for him to do that's good.

Being cute is not enough?

Is the DLC worth picking up for my second playthrough? Should I play New Game+ or start over as a new House? 

Just now, RPS said:

Being cute is not enough?

Is the DLC worth picking up for my second playthrough? Should I play New Game+ or start over as a new House? 

The DLC adds a new standalone chapter that's about... maybe 4 hours long or so? And you can play as four new characters in the regular game once you complete it. I think the standalone chapter is interesting and I like the new characters.

When you do New Game+ you can start as whatever house you want! I played Golden Deer, then Black Eagles, then Blue Lions, then the other non-Edelgard Black Eagles route. All three of the last ones were New Game+. Genuinely think the New Game+ is excellent so it's worth doing--first thing I'd do is use Renown to buy yourself up to maximum professor level so you can spend more time having lunches and fucking around on campus.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about Switch save files? My original Switch is not recognizing the SD card reader anymore. Every SD card is not readable. This happened after I dropped my Switch back in March. It is out of warranty. Nintendo says it is 100$ to ship to them to send, but I will 100% lose my save data which I do not want. I am going to buy a Switch lite and use my original Switch as docked for my kids. But I have questions: 

• Can I share my profile and games across two Switches? I presume yes. 
  • Can I share save files across multiple Switches (aka, can I have my save file on a game like BOTW and play on my Switch Lite and Switch)? 
  • If I cannot share my save files across multiple Switches, does that mean I could have my profile across two Switches playing different games with different save files? Can I be playing the same profile on two Switches at the same time? 

6 hours ago, RPS said:

Does anyone know anything about Switch save files? My original Switch is not recognizing the SD card reader anymore. Every SD card is not readable. This happened after I dropped my Switch back in March. It is out of warranty. Nintendo says it is 100$ to ship to them to send, but I will 100% lose my save data which I do not want. I am going to buy a Switch lite and use my original Switch as docked for my kids. But I have questions: 

• Can I share my profile and games across two Switches? I presume yes. 
  • Can I share save files across multiple Switches (aka, can I have my save file on a game like BOTW and play on my Switch Lite and Switch)? 
  • If I cannot share my save files across multiple Switches, does that mean I could have my profile across two Switches playing different games with different save files? Can I be playing the same profile on two Switches at the same time? 

1. Yes - but it kind of sucks. One Switch has to be your main one - the way to change it would be to go to the shop, and in options you can deactive your existing Switch as the primary one. Then whatever one you'd log into next would be classified as the main one. When you buy your Switch Lite, you can add your account to it, BUT you can only launch any games that you own if you have an active internet connection. It'll check at the start, and then possibly at points later. The Switch that is deemed your primary console will continue to function like normal. 

2. Yes you can, if you have the Nintendo Online service. That is to say - if the game supports it. Most do, but some that Nintendo deems prone to hacking - won't allow it. Splatoon 2 and Animal Crossing for instance. Animal Crossing is 1 island per console, no save backups and no save transfers by ANY method until they put out their own Animal Crossing specific service that they mentioned but we haven't heard word on in ages.

This is also to say that save data backup might be a bit tedious if you're going back and forth all the time. You'll have to close the game you're playing, make sure that the update moves over, and then when you're on the other console - make sure that you first download the cloud save (sometimes it'll tell you if your current is older than the cloud data, but it's kind of sketchy).

• Like 1