The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Just now, Bobfoc said:

How did you find the gameplay? It's got a reputation as a really polarising game and I was wondering how it holds up.

The gameplay was.... yeah. The combat wasn't too bad (a little easy, especially if you beat the first two side dungeons and get what are basically the only weapons you need 98% of the time). It looks like a PS2 era game and plays like an early one is the best thing I can say about it. And the driving well... the driving is a hot mess. It's also a fairly buggy game, it crashed to home at least a dozen times over the course of my playthrough. It's also a very empty open world. Basically the polar opposite to the Yakuza series where the open world is small but full of things to do. And the map is a nightmare, I actually had to GIS one to learn the layout with.

Totally worth it for the storyline though. Just... get it on the Switch if you can't get it on the 360 (which I'm told is the most stable version, as it was built for the 360). The PC port is from all accounts a disaster.

5 hours ago, Sousa said:

Saharah is selling the ringside seating wallpaper today, which goes with the boxing mat and looks like a wrestling crowd. If anyone's interested in stopping by and buying, lemme know!

Oh my lord, this is... quite tempting. I moved my ring to outside but I'll be getting the basement soon....

5 hours ago, Sousa said:

Saharah is selling the ringside seating wallpaper today, which goes with the boxing mat and looks like a wrestling crowd. If anyone's interested in stopping by and buying, lemme know!

What time works for you, friend? 

2 minutes ago, apsham said:

Ohh yes! I might have to get friend codes and what not.

I'm SW-3939-4110-0323

Just sent a request, look for Toadette, gate is open but I'm making lunch for the kids so might not be around. Saharah was on the east end of town last I saw her. Make sure you actually buy the "mysterious wallpaper," don't just use tickets.

Edited by Sousa

7 minutes ago, Sousa said:

Just sent a request, look for Toadette, gate is open but I'm making lunch for the kids so might not be around. Saharah was on the east end of town last I saw her. Make sure you actually buy the "mysterious wallpaper," don't just use tickets.

Perfect timing, was just about to dip into a board game with the girlfriend. Thanks for having me over, and enjoy the bidet!

It looks like I'm going to have a wildly fluctuating turnip week so I'll let anyone know if it gets high.

Edited by apsham

Apsham has just realised I forgot to bring a gift, maybe next time.

I did appreciate spotting the awning on your market stalls as the plane was going over your Island though...

52 minutes ago, Sousa said:

Is that you who just came over?

@apsham I'm open for a minute if you wanna come by!

That was not! I was out shopping. If you are around this afternoon or evening, let me know. :) 

5 minutes ago, RPS said:

That was not! I was out shopping. If you are around this afternoon or evening, let me know. :)

oh shit I have no idea who that was then. I'm still around and can let you on if you want!

5 minutes ago, RPS said:

I'll come by now! 

Opening up again right now. I'm eating so I can't really show you around but you're welcome to look around. Don't forget to actually buy the wall from Saharah and not just use tickets.

Just now, Sousa said:

Opening up again right now. I'm eating so I can't really show you around but you're welcome to look around. Don't forget to actually buy the wall from Saharah and not just use tickets.

Will buy. Didn't even bring my tickets. Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Sousa said:

oh shit I have no idea who that was then. I'm still around and can let you on if you want!

I was the one in the towel if that's the one you mean.

Your island is so fucking cool and gave me so many great ideas for what I want to do! I left some pink rain boots and a 1,000 bells because I snatched a few oranges and pears. I wanted to give you a gift and I felt like you may like the pink rainboots. 

2 minutes ago, RPS said:

Your island is so fucking cool and gave me so many great ideas for what I want to do! I left some pink rain boots and a 1,000 bells because I snatched a few oranges and pears. I wanted to give you a gift and I felt like you may like the pink rainboots. 

Oh, thank you! I think I may have pink rainboots already so I'll probably let my wife take them. I have a bad tendency to buy up all colors of everything that comes through Ables that I even remotely like. But yeah, no problem on the fruit, if anyone else needs fruit let me know, I have all of it.

3 minutes ago, Sousa said:

Oh, thank you! I think I may have pink rainboots already so I'll probably let my wife take them. I have a bad tendency to buy up all colors of everything that comes through Ables that I even remotely like. But yeah, no problem on the fruit, if anyone else needs fruit let me know, I have all of it.

Are you the one all the way at the top? I like that design concept. I was going to do it, but instead I wanted to make a small little bustling town with a sprawling countryside and wooden area.