The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I just bought "The Last Guy", "Flower" and "Castlevania SotN" for 15,50€ - Thank you US Store, i like you so much better than the German Store. :wub:

Now someone get me the time to actualy play all of this. I hope i can get at least Disgaea, MGS or GTA don before Heavy Rain arives.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Watched the trailer for The Last Guardian. Must admit to being more than a little excited. Huzzah for little boy flying giant bird/cat/dog hybrid.

Ohm i can´t wait! I can´t wait!

Flower looks amazing, makes it even more sad that they removed all the grass from Afrika/Hakuna Matatta

Amazon just Informed me about the releasedate of Heavy Rain.

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on August 24 2009 (Order# ).

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on August 24 2009 (Order#).

"Heavy Rain (PS3)"

Estimated arrival date: March 01 2010 - March 02 2010

Edit.

Sorry about that, the Date is the Arrival Date. The game will actualy ship on Feb. 24 (taking it´s time with me beeing in germany and all)

Joystiq is reporting that Famitsu Reported a Japanes Releas for February 8 - ut keep in mind that they will get a special localised version.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/01/japan-due-for-some-heavy-rain-in-february/

DRIBBLEDRIBBLEDRIBBLE!

This means I'll have to get it from the UK though cos the Japanese "local" version will be Japanese only.

We don´t actualy know if it´s japanes only. But it has been knowen for a while that the japanes language will only be avalibil in japan. The European version will come dubbed in a ton of languages and even more subtitles.

Heavy Rain will be fully voice acted in 10 languages, with subtitles available for all spoken languages, plus six more languages. These details were disclosed during a presentation at GamesCom this afternoon, when Quantic Dream founder David Cage introduced Pascal Langdale (pictured right), the actor playing the English-speaking version of Heavy Rain's Ethan Mars, and discussed the extensive voice work necessary for the game's many branching scenes.

Knowing a single Blu-ray disc can store language data in bulk, we were curious about how many language options would be available in the game. As it turns out, if Cage had brought in all of Mars' voices, the room would have gotten pretty tight. Check out the confirmed list of languages after the break. (We're still waiting for official confirmation on a couple -- the Quantic Dream team couldn't name them all off the top of their heads.)

Update: Heavy Rain's associate producer and localization manager, Romain Castillos, has given us the official list of languages and subtitles.

10 languages with audio and text:

* English (original version)

* Japanese*

* French

* German

* Spanish

* Italian

* Dutch

* Portuguese

* Russian

* Polish

(*only available for the Japanese territory)

6 languages with subtitles only:

* Chinese

* Korean

* Swedish

* Danish

* Finnish

* Norwegian

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/20/heavy-rain-features-13-voiced-languages-subtitles-in-5-more/

I've heard Shatter is good.

And I've played the trial of Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars, and it's decent, and I was tempted to fork out the £7.99 for it, until I read that it had recently been going on the US PSN for $4.99, which I'm guessing in pound sterling would be around £3.50 - I'll probably get it if it goes that low for a short period of time.

I've heard Shatter is good.

It is.

The same company that created Shatter also created "StarDust HD" wich is a very fun but hard game. (sort of like a modern Astroids)

"The Last Guy" is on sale this week in Europe. It´s not bad but I dont like it that much but a lot of people do so you might want to consult youtube on this.

"Flower" is pritty amazin, but very short (i picket it up for %5$ in the US Store last week, thats a fair price)

If you have a cupple of Controlers and Frinds to come over... Bomberman is fan-dabi-dozi. (online or offline Solo play is not as good)

Fat Princess is an amazing amount of Fun. It´s sa cute online Comic Multiplayer Massacre.

Games i did not buy but might be interesting...

Battlefield, Flow, Pixel Junk Eden (or every Pixeljunk game?), Mega Man 9, Marvel vs Capcom 2, The Soldner-X games, 1942: Joint Strike.... and i bet i forgot plenty. Metal Gear Solid for the PSOne... i bet you will be able to get rid of these 20 fast. Castlevania Synphony of the Night for PSOne.

Ok say you might want a PSP. It's 200 bucks right? Wow thats a lot of money but its sleek and looks totally cool. Now you find out walmart has it on sale for only #130. BUT there is a catch. It's the bright purple Hannah Montana edition! :w00t: What do you do?

Buy it because your a girl :shifty: