The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I've pretty much given up on my PS3 as far as gaming goes. I love the system but it's working out much better as a Blu-Ray/DVD player in my bedroom. I traded in all my PS3 games over the weekend and bought a Wii. I'll just grab the exclusives from now on like God of War III.

I've pretty much given up on my PS3 as far as gaming goes. I love the system but it's working out much better as a Blu-Ray/DVD player in my bedroom. I traded in all my PS3 games over the weekend and bought a Wii. I'll just grab the exclusives from now on like God of War III.

I bought a PS3 exclusively for the exclusive titles. I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for it. I've only had it two days so maybe my pinion will change, but the interface is clunky and the system seems to lag doing basic operation that my 360 performed flawlessly.

Everything isn't negative though, I do like that it plays any video file I throw at it.

I bought a PS3 exclusively for the exclusive titles. I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for it. I've only had it two days so maybe my pinion will change, but the interface is clunky and the system seems to lag doing basic operation that my 360 performed flawlessly.

Everything isn't negative though, I do like that it plays any video file I throw at it.

Which is bizarre because I find the Xboxs dashboard to be ridiculously slow at times. I'm not really defending the PS3, if it was still the original XBox dashboard, it would win by a country mile, but the "NXE" has been complete rubbish at navigating/loading/etc.

To each their own I guess.

You bought a PS3, decided you didn't like it after 2 days, before buying a Wii? You must have the attention span of a goldfish and the wallet of a footballer.

Plus the Wii is the biggest chunk of shit to ever enter the gaming industry and has the lifespan of a drunken christmas evening. One of either a PS3 or 360 is really all that's needed

You bought a PS3, decided you didn't like it after 2 days, before buying a Wii? You must have the attention span of a goldfish and the wallet of a footballer.

Plus the Wii is the biggest chunk of shit to ever enter the gaming industry and has the lifespan of a drunken christmas evening. One of either a PS3 or 360 is really all that's needed

It wasn't me who bought the Wii, that was the other guy who said his PS3 served better as a Blu-Ray player.

Each system has it's advantages. I got bored of my 360 and everyone had me convinced that the PS3 was the messiah of gaming. It's a nice system probably on the same level as the 360, it really sticks out with everything you can do with it. But with so few exclusives I see myself playing most of my multi platform titles on the 360, and using the PS3 for the exclusives and for games that actually look better on the PS3.

My experience of evenings involving someone's Wii and multiple people:

"Hey a Wii!"

"Yeah I bought it a few months ago...."

"Can we play bowling?"

"Erm, sure" *blows dust off*

Three games of bowling later.

"Well, that was fun. Wouldn't get one myself mind you..."

"Another game?"

"Nah, s'alright....."

• Like 2

This is why I dislike exclusives. I wouldn't mind having a Wii for Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. To a lesser extent, stuff like Zelda and Smash Bros and then the quirky, under the radar stuff like de Blob and Little King's Story.

The PS3 is the same with Uncharted(s), Ratchet and Clank, LBP etc.

But really, spending £150/200 to play 5 games smacks of craziness.

• Like 2

When I was at home, we had all three systems. The PS3 and XBOX got used a lot, but the Wii was not touched for months at a time. Almost exactly like Hammy said, except change bowling to Mario Kart.

I love my PS3. My favourite games are the sport titles, so they are on all the consoles. MLB 09 was exclusive and awesome. I actually am not a fan of Resistance and Killzone, but I did enjoy MSG and Uncharted. I also like having a Blu-Ray player. Star Trek looks as good as it did in theatre and the new Indiana Jone movie also looks very good. I am actually going to start collecting Blu-Ray movies, which is something I did not think I would ever do a year ago.

fan-dabi-dozi.

Edited by Toe

If i still were 14 and had all the time in the world i would give everything to own all three consoles... the new Zelda games, the new "2D" super mario... i´ed love to play them all. But as it is i went with a PS3 and don´t even have the time to play all the games i own (let alone buy all the games i would be interested in) so there would not be much sens in it just to buy a Wii so i can own more stuff i can not get to play...

Kinda fun that it´s Mr. we belive he dos not like anything, of all people, that feels less of a need to bitch about "the other consoles"... must be because my penis is already kinda big by nature. (H)(H)(H)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Kinda fun that it´s Mr. we belive he dos not like anything, of all people, that feels less of a need to bitch about "the other consoles"... must be because my penis is already kinda big by nature. (H)(H)(H)

I know I'm not drunk, but I can't make any sense of that last part.

lol.

:lmao: