The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

2nd image has all the different covers for the different editions, and the 3rd picture has what's included in the Ultimate Pack.

Supposedly this takes place in current day "Cuba", so I guess the fan theory of the kid being Vaas is out the window (it never made sense anyway).

7 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

My concerns about Ghost of Tsushima being a pretty, but generic open world game appear to be backed up by several reviews.

I'll probably wait till it's cheaper and give it a go then. 

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

My concerns about Ghost of Tsushima being a pretty, but generic open world game appear to be backed up by several reviews.

I mean, it's currently rocking an 85 on opencritic, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

I'll be picking it up for sure, it looks like the exact palette cleanser I need after The Last of Us Part II

7 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I mean, it's currently rocking an 85 on opencritic, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

True, but I'm going by the content of the reviews. Nobody's said it's bad, but most of them are saying that it doesn't do anything you haven't done plenty of times before in other open world games either.

It's the sort of game I'd have been up for a few years ago, but I'm so tired of these games now that I need them to either have great stories or innovative gameplay to interest me.

I tend to ignore numerical scores anyway because they're so arbitrary. I have a few reviewers who I trust to highlight the negative aspects of a game that some overlook. More than anything else, I find the buzz within a couple of weeks is telling. There are some games with really high metascores that are forgotten very quickly, whereas others are talked about for a long time.

Alanah from Funhaus and a guy from GamesRadar (a verified user in r/Games on Reddit) are pretty high on the game. All I really want from games these days are good stories and for it to be fun to play. I'm not looking for them to reinvent the wheel (although the wind/animals/leaves/grass guiding you instead of a waypoint on the screen sounds cool). Alanah compared the open world and random encounters and side quests as comparable to Red Dead 2, and the combat is satisfying (but you're going to hate it if you just go in blind and start button mashing).

Most importantly, they both praised the story as very engaging and satisfying for people who like character development and good writing.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1