The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Eh. I really enjoyed 1 the first time I played it. I thought 2 was pretty good, if a fairly underwhelming at times when I played that. I got bored to tears halfway through 3.

The gameplay mechanics of Uncharted have just felt seriously outdated to me lately.

Thats why i said, just set it to easy and enjoy the "movie". The shootouts got very booring to me. Uncharted 1 might be the game i could easily get my first Platinum in, i only need to beat it two more times on each of the higher difficulty, the rest i already did. But i just don´t see myself pumping a million bullets in each of the 5472 waves of pirates when there is still a pile of games sitting here i have not touched yet.

Unless you plan to get into the multiplayer of 2 and 3 (havend played 3 yet, but 2 had actualy a MP that seemed quit fun the few times i tried it) these games are the perfect weekend rental for dark winter times.

Most fun with Uncharted I've had is the co-op in 2. Brutal as fuck but man, when you beat a level, you really feel like you accomplished something. But yeah, story is great. I just don't really enjoy the gameplay any more.

Yeah the gameplay isnt anything spectacular but the experience is great. The set pieces are just pure, epic adrenaline rushes. I remember my older brother walking in on the burning chateau level in 3. He just sat watching in silence for about 20 minutes then said, "well this is very exciting isnt it?". And hes got pretty much no interest in video games.

Well, sure, obviously the game is more style and story than gameplay, but it's still a game. If you're going to include boss fights, do something interesting with them.

That doesn't really bother me too much, I just wish they'd go the more subtle Indiana Jones way of doing things than balls to the walls crazy Avatar/Kimahri combos trying to kill you.

Anyone having issues with the PS3 browser? I use to go to a shoutcast thing and listen to streams and now it's just a white box where the play button and info should be. Same with streaming video sites.

http://ps3radio.co.uk/

You can cheat for that Terminator one! I did it proper though, straight through on Hard in one go. It's not great but, I dunno, I think there's something novel about fighting Terminators. If it didn't have the liscence though, yeah, wouldn't have a saving grace.

I actually really enjoyed the cover system in that. And it didn't look too bad. Hella short though, think me and Ad finished it in about 3 hours.

As I've been playing Uncharted 2 all this week to platinum it, I think Uncharted 2 is the worst of the series. They did make a huge leap in terms of graphics and some of the physics and controls, but the story seemed to go on forever. You get to a point where you think this is the finale, when it calms down a bit more. Along with that, I'm generally not a fan of things set in the snow, but that's personal taste really.

Uncharted 3 was my favourite, the new characters they brought in were great as was the whole desert bit. I think there were the same number of chapters, but it didn't seem quite as arduous. Plus the graphics are even better again, and the ability to throw back grenades is much welcomed.

As people have said, the best thing about the series is the cinematic experience and probably features some of the best characters and dialogue this side of Grand Theft Auto.

I ordered Sleeping Dogs from shopto for under 20 quid. Heard good things about it so I'd like to give it a go.

Baddarina is buying me the new Hitman for xmas too, so that's another off my list to play.

I'll download Walking Dead soon too. Those three should take my through Christmas and into the new year.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/28/playstation-plus-your-december-content/#more-99217

I'm not sure if the content is the same across regions (I know that article says no MK Vita for Australia, but that's possibly due to the Aussie's notoriously harsh age certification rules), but yeah. Limbo too. Vita offering is a bit disappointing, but I guess if they put too much out too soon, there won't be anything left to actually buy.

Oh, could someone clear something up for me? If something is removed from the Instant Game Collection rotation do you still keep it if you've downloaded it i.e. does that mean it's just unavailable to new subscribers?

For instance, Wipeout is supposed to be popping up on Plus, and I'd like to trade my physical copy and have an ever-present version on my memory card, but not if it means I'll lose the downloaded one after a month or so.

http://blog.eu.plays...ent/#more-99217

I'm not sure if the content is the same across regions (I know that article says no MK Vita for Australia, but that's possibly due to the Aussie's notoriously harsh age certification rules), but yeah. Limbo too. Vita offering is a bit disappointing, but I guess if they put too much out too soon, there won't be anything left to actually buy.

Oh, could someone clear something up for me? If something is removed from the Instant Game Collection rotation do you still keep it if you've downloaded it i.e. does that mean it's just unavailable to new subscribers?

For instance, Wipeout is supposed to be popping up on Plus, and I'd like to trade my physical copy and have an ever-present version on my memory card, but not if it means I'll lose the downloaded one after a month or so.

Arkham CIty & Limbo are for European/international users only. Don't think North America gets those...yet.

Yes, you do keep the games you've already downloaded.

Uncharted The movies. Ignore the german text, youtube videos are a bit down the page. I am stunned these are still online after all this time.

http://superlevel.de/spielkram/uncharted-the-movies

The first one is a bit shy of two houres, the other two are cut to be about three.

Fiiiiiiiinally I'm less than two weeks away from video game stores where all the games are definitely in English.

But wait, why is the selection of games so much lower and two-dimensional in Britain?! Pulling up Amazon and HMV sites just give me a million FPS and fighty games. Where are the weird RPGs? The strange dating games? The story games? The pop idol group making games? The photography games?

I'm too old for shooty shooty games now, I need offbeat stuff to get my kicks.

Looking at the lists of Vita games is even worse. Vita's got a decent number of interesting games here...but THANKFULLY the game I've wanted the most is out in England with English subtitles.

All hail Virtue's Last Reward!

zero-escape-top.jpg

Sigma, the main character, is kidnapped and awakens in an elevator with a girl named Phi, who seems to know him. Zero III, a talking rabbit, appears on a computer monitor in front of them and tells them they must escape the elevator; the pair find themselves in an abandoned warehouse alongside seven other people. Their goal is to escape the building. However, they find themselves enrolled in a game known as the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition,[5] which relies on a system called "Bracelet Points" ("BP"), which are won by cooperating with or betraying other players. A player is allowed to leave the warehouse if only they possess nine or more BP; however, if a player's BP reach zero, they are killed by a lethal injection.