The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I was just playing PES and the screen froze for a second before it reset and the dreaded orange light appeared. Now when I turn it on, the red light flashes.

It's the old 60GB model and it's way out of warranty - is there anything I can do now, or am I completely buggered until I buy a new one?

I was just playing PES and the screen froze for a second before it reset and the dreaded orange light appeared. Now when I turn it on, the red light flashes.

It's the old 60GB model and it's way out of warranty - is there anything I can do now, or am I completely buggered until I buy a new one?

I think you can pay Sony an extra fee to get a new warranty on it, and they'll fix it.

EDIT: Forgot which thread this was in. :shifty:

Edited by KevinStorm

Can't get anything off the hard drive cause they reformat themselves whenever they get put into a new Playstation but it's easy enough to open up the system to get the disc out. Tons of help videos and stuff on it throughout the interwebs.

Oh, I don't mean that - I meant that I tried the way Dragsy said before I left for work this morning. I'm sure getting the disc won't be a problem.

I can get the 320GB model for around £210 at Tesco, so unless I find it cheaper online later, I'll more than likely pick it up in the morning.