The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I received an e-mail that my Playstation Network password had been changed.. I haven't used that account in a VERY long time and I can't even go to the "Forgot Password" page to try and fix whatever fuckery was going on there.. e-mailing Sony didn't really give me any help either, they want to know the approximate date that the account was created and what not before they'll give me any help.. I've owned a PSP, and two PS3s and I've had two different accounts on a past and current e-mail address. I have no fuckin' clue.

for those of you looking to clear up some space, try going into your "game data" (not saved data!) and getting rid of some old installations. Just removes the installs from games you know you arent coming back to, and the saved game files are still there in case you do.

Also, it is VERY easy to buy a 500 gig harddrive and install it with only removing a few screws. You tube should have all you need there and such hard drives wont cost more than 50 bucks Id imagine right now.

• Like 1

I received an e-mail that my Playstation Network password had been changed.. I haven't used that account in a VERY long time and I can't even go to the "Forgot Password" page to try and fix whatever fuckery was going on there.. e-mailing Sony didn't really give me any help either, they want to know the approximate date that the account was created and what not before they'll give me any help.. I've owned a PSP, and two PS3s and I've had two different accounts on a past and current e-mail address. I have no fuckin' clue.

try going through your email to find it. or do a lot of guessing

I have the old 60GB build, so over time I've had to delete stuff from the game data. It really isn't a big deal, because I'm never playing more than a few different games at one time, so re-installing something later on doesn't bother me.

Got Infamous, seems pretty good, but it's one of those games is so big it feels like you're making hardly any progress. Will attempt to get LBP tonight or something, even though I only have 7GB left. :/

It´s not that big, i think it took me 10-20 houres to beat.

Little Big Planet is only 2gb, no problem there.

So I decided to get inFamous as one of my free games...holy christ it's 7gb.

Been downloading for 3 hours and it's only 73% done, I imagine after installation and updates the total time will be around 6 hours.

And I thought the 3/4 hours for Burnout was a while.

Yeah. I don't know why, but I was thinking it'd be smaller -- my cousin downloaded it and the download was only 1.5GB for him. Then I realized that may be because he already had some inFamous data on his HDD from where he rented it off gamefly.

Yes but then we get that situation where it's like:

"Ok guys, let's play _______!"

"Ok."

"Yes!"

":D"

"FUUUUUU+c%C3%B3pia.gif I could have borrowed that if you'd given me 3 weeks notice."

I suppose.

Dan and ellis, what are you psn tags?

AmpleSalty and Danhufclegend

I dunno how much i'd play online caus PS3 headsets are just awful.

Do the 360 workaround!

I paid like £9 for my MadCatz headset almost 3 years ago, and I've never had a problem with it.

In saying that, my brother in law and his father bought the official Sony one as soon as they got their PS3's, and had problems with them straight away.

Cheaper is sometimes better!

Bawwwwww inFamous corrupted at 5.4gb.

EDIT: On the headset deal, I've got a cheapo $20 Plantronics headset that I paired with my PS3 and it works just fine.

I dunno what the deal was, playing Uncharted 2 with Benji and Kaney a while back was technically sound. The quality was lacking but we could all talk to each other. On Burnout though, me and Dan could talk to each other for about 5 seconds and then nothing. Then Baddar turned up, I heard noise from someone and it nearly deafened me and then, again, nothing after that.

Oh and just to kill my internet further, downloading those movies. About 12gb. Yaaay. :shifty:

Any idea if Wipeout is ok for cross region play? Since my choices from the American store are limited to Super Stardust and then a duplicate of games I already have, I could always download Wipeout and trade in my disc copy caus it's worth the most.

Ugh my PS3 HD has gone all corrupted on me. I've gone through the whole "PS3 Hard Disk Is Corrupt And Will Be Restored" about a dozen times and it hasn't worked.

Is there another way to fix it or do I have to ship it back to Sony?