The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Well I noticed when I picked up MW2 again last Thursday and played from the over the weekend, I had absolutely zero fully hacked matches. One one game had a certified hacker in it (PSN was "Hacker_Bun" :shifty:) who couldn't be killed but that was about it as far as special abilities he had. Best thing was was that he was shit despite his invinciblity and he was a sniper; everyone on our team just walked away from him and left him alone, and I was able to get more kills than him in the game anyway. I sent him a message saying "wow, aren't you shit..." because that's how I roll.

In other news, attempt #3 at the 72000 kills on Dead Rising 2. Going good so far, don't want to jinx it.

In other other news, I had a little go on Test Drive Unlimited 2 in HMV. WOW. It was awful. The graphics are bad. They're marginally better than Need For Speed Underground 2 and the Scarface game on PS2, just a little smoother. I don't know if that was just because I was in roaming mode or whatever (I was driving around the streets with no race going on), but damn it. Watching a little clip on YouTube, it does look a bit better, as it was night time when I played, but still didn't impress me at all with the GFX.

Edited by TheModernWay

Yeah it does look quite terrible. I mean, the other day I was watching a video of the PC version of Driver 3 which came out in 2004, and TDU2 looks barely better than that. I suspect some modding was done though, but still:

In other news, Dead Rising 2 72000 zombies trophy done. Just co-op and I have my platinum. Think I'll wait a couple of months before playing again though.

Edited by TheModernWay

Well, after £4 and a year and a half, I've finally done the storyline of TNA Impact. And still haven't unlocked all the arenas and moves. Yeah, don't care, there are no trophies to bask in.

Unfun News in the GeoHot Trial.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/17/sony-granted-access-to-geohots-paypal-records/4#c33476404

Sony gets all the Data of anyone who donated for the trial (so a second bleem dos not happen, not in "paying for a hack") and knows exactly how much money they have to sit out to get around the trial comming to a propper end. Usualy i would say a propper end they would shurly come out as the looser in but opening these paypal records make me feel less confident about the brain of the American Law Personal.

Wait, Beeker is GeoHot? Like...Canadian Beeker who released that gamebook?

I don't know if it's a joke or not, but Beeker is the muppet in that video that makes the "mimimimi" sounds. Not to be confused with the muppet that posted that video, though.

• Like 1