The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Have any of you got a PS3 Eye camera? I'm tempted to get a webcam, and if possible I'll get the PS3 Eye if it works with Windows, so that way I have a webcam for the PC and I also have a Move compatible camera for the future. You can get the camera on it's own for £22, a couple of quid more than the webcam I was looking at.

I've seen plenty of news about drivers being made for the camera on the PC and it working on the test program, but I can't find anything concrete on it working with an other programs, MSN for example.

I used to use the ps2 camera for the windows, I can not imagine it being uncompatible with a newer version. The camera for ps3 you can get with the move starter package for only a few dollars more than just buying the move and game separately. Like 10 bucks more. So if you are getting it, buy the deal and get sports champ too.

Yeah I was looking at that. The webcam I was looking at was £18, the Eye alone was £22. I'll probably at some point get the Move but can't really because of money and the fact that I'm not all to bothered with the current games. Killzone 3 looks stellar but it's not out yet. The lollipop controller is £35 and the starter pack is £40 on Play (starter is £50 on Game).

So if the Eye is confirmed to work in MSN etc., I'd definitely go with the starter pack.

My main hookup is that I did get the starter pack, I wouldn't really be able to use the Move for a while as I wouldn't be able to get any games for it you see. So the Move would just be sat on the shelf going to waste. And actually I may not get Killzone until the summer when my friend from Malawi comes back to the UK, so I don't wear the game out and don't feel like playing it when he gets it upon his return.

The starter pack here is a demo disk thing, the lollipop and the camera, no full game. And all the stuff I've been seeing say that you need all of this custom drivers and the CL-test thing or something for the PS3 camera to work.

Thanks for looking though.

Edited by TheModernWay

The starter pack (wand, cam and demo disc) is about 70€ in germany. I consider that pritty insane pricing, wen i ordert it from the uk i was paying far less and had resident evil 5 gold in the same order. I actualy cancelt that order and soled Heavy Rain so i got nothing decent to play move with anyway.

Yeah, I have zero compatible games too, I never had Heavy Rain or Resident Evil 5. I'd have to see if I could borrow my mate's Heavy Rain haha.

By the way, these are the drivers I was talking about: http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/

Edited by TheModernWay

You can borrow Heavy Rain off me, TMW ...providing the original version works with the move.

And yeah, it's cheaper to get the PS3 Eye with something, rather than the stand-alone cam. EyePet, for example, is £25 in Tesco, which includes the camera. If I was gonna get the Eye, I'd go for that, as my nephew would probably have some use out of the game, and I'm not arsed about move.