The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I tend to make an assessment on the trophies of a game, and then decide whether it will be worth trying to get 100%. I've only platinumed a few, which generally may have only required a second run through, or a run through that started on the hardest difficulty. Ratchet and Clank and Batman Arkham Asylum are two that I have, and I had fun trying to get the platinum, so can't complain too much.

I just bought Mafia II which, according to the cover, includes the 'Betrayal of Jimmy' DLC - but there's no redemption code anywhere in the manual, or in-game when I fire it up. Any ideas?

EDIT: A google search tells me there should be a voucher included. There clearly isn't. :(

Did you get it preowned?

I remember at Gamestation we'd take in games that didn't have the vouchers any more or had already been used.

No, it was brand new from Tesco. It still had the proper PS3 cellophane around the cover too, which made the fact that there was no voucher inside even more strange.

I mean, in ASDA, I could understand it, as sometimes they get the disc from behind the counter and put it in the case that you take to the till, along with the game manual. I've e-mailed them anyway, but I'm not sure they can do a lot. :/

So, GT Custom Playlists. I want to creat one thats very "smal" (maybe up to 40 songs) and very high qualety while fitting the feel of driving fast. Not repeating artists to often. I am looking at some of the old games... Hives, Franz Ferdinant, Jimmy Hendrix... what artists and songs would you fit in?

GT4 Songs of Intrest.

# Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow

# Eagles of Death Metal - I Only Want You

# Kasabian - Reason Is Treason (Jack Knife Lee Remix)

# The Hives - Uptight

# Franz Ferdinand - Michael

GT3 Songs of Interest

# Jimi Hendrix - Stone Free

# Judas Priest - Turbo Lover

# Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

But there could also be other Songs instead... Tick Tick Boom of the Hives for example, or This Boy by Franz Ferdinant.

Other Songs that come to mind or were found crusin my iTunes

TCV - New Fang

Deep Purple - Highway Star

Led Zeplin - Rock n Roll

The Cardigans - My Favourite Game

The Beatles - Get Back (Love Album Version)

Arctic Monkeys - dancing shoes

Electric Six - Gay Bar

Audioslave - Your time has come

Kyuss - Hurricane

the black keys - set you free

BRMC - Berlin

TV on the Radio - Golden Age

Foo Fighters - All my Life

Interpol - Slow Hands

The Strokes - Juicebox

The Subways - Rock n Roll Queen

Kings of Leon - Mollys Chambers or Four Kicks

RatM - Guerrilla Radio

The Rapture - Whooo! Alright-Yeah... Uh...

Trashmonkeys - Song No. 1

Turbonegro - Princ of the Rodeo

We are scientists - The Great Escape

Weezer - Hash Pipe

Whatcha think? An Aditions? Any must be excluded sugestions? Any cake?

Gold on B and A licenses in GT. My brain throbs from the repetition.

Well, scratch that. Gold B, mostly gold A besides the hellhole that is A-8. Soon though. I did, however, buy myself a shiny new BMW M5 :shifty: Can't wait to drive that puppy

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Fair play to Take2 regarding the Mafia II DLC - their first reply back to me was basically "try this code - sorry for any inconvenience caused," and now it's downloading. :)

...yet to try the game itself yet though - been feeling awful the last few days. :/

Getting the Songs for GT5 on my PS3 has been a Pain. You need to have a certain Folder struckture on your USB Stick, you cannot creat a folder on your PS3 so there is utter chaos with 30+ Artists and GT5 itself dos not seem to mix custom Music with User Music. I don´t even know if there is Random Play or if it just follows your Playlist.

I hope they at least patch the game towards the mixing of the two Playlists.

You get a Trophie for turning User Music on. Thats one hell of an Archivment. <_<

What my playlis needs is some steady funk! Some faster Shaft tunes or something like that.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Getting the Songs for GT5 on my PS3 has been a Pain. You need to have a certain Folder struckture on your USB Stick, you cannot creat a folder on your PS3 so there is utter chaos with 30+ Artists and GT5 itself dos not seem to mix custom Music with User Music. I don´t even know if there is Random Play or if it just follows your Playlist.

I hope they at least patch the game towards the mixing of the two Playlists.

You get a Trophie for turning User Music on. Thats one hell of an Archivment. <_<

What my playlis needs is some steady funk! Some faster Shaft tunes or something like that.

Get PS3 Media Server running and you can just copy them easily on to your PS3.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

If any of you guys like Darts, pick up PDC: Pro Tour - it's only £24.85 @ shopto.net, and it's bloody brilliant. The last darts game I had was the final one made on PS2, so it's obviously been updated/upgraded since then - it's fully move compatible too for those who have the controller.

You can either play on maximum assisted, minimum assisted or with no assistance - after about 10 minutes, you'll find that max assisted is far too easy and you'll be hitting maximums more often than you don't - I played on no assistance with my nephew, and it provided the most fun, but our averages were around the 68-75 range, so playing against any of the pro's in the game would've probably seen us get raped.

I started a career on minimum and it plays perfectly - I rarely hit a 180, but my average is above 90 now. The first tournament is the UK Championship (six of the 7 calendar tournaments are in the game and fully licensed, with the Desert Classic incl. two more players as DLC for £3.99) and I've negotiated the first two rounds without any problems, but I know as soon as I play one of the licensed pro's in the game, it'll get tough.

I say licensed pro, because there's guys like Barrie Bates, Mark Webster who also appear in career mode (65 in total I think), but their appearances aren't as accurately replicated as the Taylor's, Barneveld's etc.

It has a shitload of party games too, and an online option, so if you have people to play with, it won't get boring too quickly.

The tl;dr of it all is...

Someone buy the game as well so that I can play it online. :)