The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

NFS: Hot Pursuit is providing me with the most fun I've ever had in a racing game. Criterion are awesome, seriously.

Hopefully, they'll add DLC in the future that isn't just new cars - if their dedication to the project is anything like it was to Burnout Paradise, things are going to get even more amazing.

NFS: Hot Pursuit is providing me with the most fun I've ever had in a racing game. Criterion are awesome, seriously.

Hopefully, they'll add DLC in the future that isn't just new cars - if their dedication to the project is anything like it was to Burnout Paradise, things are going to get even more amazing.

I'm loving it too, but I'm being driven slowly insane by Autlog reminding me that my friend has kicked my ass. There's one race in particular where he's got me by 6 seconds (and actually has gold to my silver), and I can't beat him for teh life of me. It's a specific car as well so it's not like I need to unlock something faster. Must've spent about an hour on it last night alone.

You didn't really think that work was finished on Gran Turismo 5, did you? Car-obsessed creator Kazunori Yamauchi has been fielding questions from fans on his Twitter feed (translated at GTPlanet), revealing that a variety of fixes are in the works -- but also shedding light on some features we'll probably never see.

Yamauchi confirms that his team at Polyphony Digital is working to implement mechanical -- not just cosmetic -- damage in GT5 sometime in early December. Less time-consuming fixes include nixing the game's odd-looking "blocky" shadows, adding more online functionality (the lounge is mentioned) and possibly offering the option to disable the HUD overlay. Work to support Logitech's G25 and G27 racing wheels in still underway, he adds.

As for what we won't be seeing, it sounds like face-tracking in GT mode and YouTube uploading of replays are out due to memory constraints. We'll also never get a chance to experience the cut "free roam" mode, in which players would have been able to drive around the gameworld, obeying traffic laws and stopping to get out of their cars to explore on foot. We imagine this was referred to internally as the "We Need Another Year of Development Time" mode.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/yamauchi-talks-future-gran-turismo-5-updates-cut-features/

For reasons unknowen my PS+ subscription still works. I got it in late August for 3 Month so it should have been don a cupple of days ago. Maybe they kill old subscriptions wen the new Update comes to the store. I would love to buy Dead Nation with a discount but German law dos not alow it to be soled here (for now) so i´ll get it of the US store... so nothing woth it in plus anyway.

Super Stardust HD still is one of my fav PSN games, so i got high hopes for this one even if it´s jumping the cheap sales zombie train.

Any good games for 5,07$ in the US Store?

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Drags...

I know how you feel on some of the time trials. I'm slowly improving though. Sticking to oncoming wherever possible (to build boost) and only slightly touching the brakes around corners, and nowhere else, seems to be working well for me.

I'm much better at the hot pursuits in the cop career. One of them had a distinction of 4mins 30secs and I nailed it in under two, somehow.

I'm getting close to the platinum now - I can almost taste it. I have the rest of the racer events to gold, and then the 5 online trophies which will build my cop/racer levels all the way to 20 for those trophies at the same time.

As I said previously I can't wait for DLC ...even if nothing aside from new cars has been announced.

It's still Criterion though. :P

And I'm also playing through Terminator Salvation at the moment (aka, ''one of the easier platinums'') - yeah, I get the fact that only having story-based trophies make things quicker, but it's far from easy on the hardest difficulty, which you need to play on to plat it. The game is awful, too.

Its sad that you are paying money to not entertain yourself with a video game system, but get a number that no one cares about and will be obsolete in a couple years time.

How dare he get enjoyment from achievements, which is kind of the purpose of the things. Damn him :angry:

I buy the games I like, I rent the games I'm not sure on - trophies are a bonus.

There was a thread on the whole discussion before. Do I really care about the number? No, but what I do care about is the fact that games that I would otherwise never bother playing, get played. Not to mention the amount of extra hours that trophies/achievements squeeze out of games.

Would I bother trying to reach the highest online rank possible on Red Dead if there wasn't a challenge set for me to reach it? Of course not.

Its sad that you are paying money to not entertain yourself with a video game system, but get a number that no one cares about and will be obsolete in a couple years time.

How dare he get enjoyment from achievements, which is kind of the purpose of the things. Damn him :angry:

I´ll steal the champions league trophy for you if you cut of your arm within the next two houres.

Realy? I actualy know nothing about it exept the fact that trophie whores love to get it. Never even seen a Screenshot.

I realy like the idea of trophies wen they ad something to a good game, going for faster times, higher scores and colecting stuff... but wen i read comments were people put trophies above the game (i.e. Heavy Rain "i am only going to get this if tze trobbies r tze ezy") i kinda loose my faith in humanety again. (thats something comments on the internet, esp. youtube, tend to do very often)

I never understood the appeal of PS3 trophies or the 360's gamerscore. If I'm playing a game and I get an achievement/trophy, bonus. But I'll never play a game I don't like for them. And I won't play a game through more than once just to get them. Maybe I'm not a big enough videogame dork. :shifty: