The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

All has been restored. Must've been a Bank Holiday deal. It's back up to £37 on Play now (for the "Limited Edition", which is the only version). Blur was the same price too and it's back up too.

Edited by TheModernWay

PS+ October

And here is what you can expect to see from the 6th October – 2nd November

PSN: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix

minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports

PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter

Full Game Trial: Gravity Crash (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Hustle Kings (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)

Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item for Plus members who buy)

Dynamic themes: Exclusive Move ‘Start the Party’ theme, Exclusive ‘Halloween’ theme

Premium avatars: Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars

I consider myself lucky. Another old PSN Title i want to have but don´t already own. But clearly not as good as something new like Sam and Max.

The Exclusive UFC DLC is the TUF PreOrder Pack including four Fighters. Nothing to special, but at least you get it for free and are able to keep it even after your PS+ subscriptions ends.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I gave the demo a short tryout. Have not played PES since the PS2 days, i only remeber having the first ps3 demo wich sadly sucked. Anyway, i am not that deep into PES because of that so i cannot give a good view on the gameplay, the only thing that imediatly hit me is that the passing is by fucking far less retarted than in Fifa (my latest fifa is the WC one)

The Menues are a Million times better than Fifas... the gameplay it self looks a lot more clunky than fifa and the statiums feel more like an empty shell, but thats always been the case even though PES used to kick Fifas as up and down the stairs gameplaywise back in the day.

The teams you can pick are barca, munich, Civas and S.C. Internationale.

There is no comentary in the demo.

Is there any new free content (ie. PS1 games) that are up due to the 15th anniversary thing? I haven't turned my PS3 on in about a week and can't be bothered to if there's no reason to. Haven't got the latest update either.

There is a free ps3/psp theme in the us store. Everything elth is just discounts for now. I guess they´ll wait for the EU Store untill the console has it´s 15 year celebrations over here.

The theme is pritty neath though.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

NHL for PS3? Awww, I was hoping you'd be a potential member for our 360 team. :(

To make this vaguely relevant; I saw something about the 320gb model being availible for around £230 which tempted me slightly, wonder if there's gonna be anything special in terms of deals around Xmas. I imagine it's gonna be based around the Move though which i'm not fussed about.