The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Just played the scotty Pillgrem Demo. It looks beautifull. You get the entire first level (of 7)... playing it i have to admit that it feels like the changes could happen a bit more often, i found myself getting bored because nothing new happend for to long. (even thestages of the bossfight felt all a bit to long, he could not do anything and i was just beating and beating and beating) I might still buy it, 4player multiplayer and the imense beauty of the pixelart may be well worth the 9.99€

Maybe i was under a bad impression because i just played final fight with a frind yesterday, and tha game is one of the gnere kings. Pritty hard to follow on that one a day later.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question is it worth buying a PS3 if the only reason you want it is to get Gran turismo 5 and Metal gear soild 4. I already own a Xbox360 and most games come out for that but ive got to finish the metal gear saga even it costs me £270 quid.

No one played the Full Version of GT5 yet, so no one can tell you if it is that much better than Forza (wich i never played aswell).

Some sites still got MGS4 as the higest rated PS3 game. (i have never realy started playing my copy the cover system is terrible once you played uncharted)...

There is a ton of interesting games around you can get cheap, Little Big Planet, Uncharted 1 + 2... you´ll defenetly get your monnys worth if you buy a cupple of the exclusive titels, the question is, do you actualy have time/need to play/own these games if you already have a zillion xbox titles.

If you got a propper TV the BluRay player can be fed for ok prices aswell these days.

But seriusly, if you are just into playing MGS4, just take a cupple of days of and rent a console over a cupple of cold winter days.

There are a lot of great PS3 games though, so I don't see why someone would buy it just for MGS4 and GT5.

Oh, i agree, i bet there are a lot of XBox games that are well worth owning the console aswell. I just have a lot of PS2, PS3 and NDS games that i have not played yet (some of em i even own) so the last thing i will invest in is another console. Don´t know about his situation.

No console is worth buying just for one or two games (whatever those N64 owners may have told you in the past). If you just want it for MGS4 and GT5 then don't bother (however great MGS4 is and how good GT5 is bound to be).

If you're also gonna get the Uncharteds, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain and Heavenly Sword among others then yeah, it's well worth it cos they'll all blow your socks off.

My PS3 died. It gave me a big 'fuck you' as I was playing the only Spec-Ops mission in Modern Warfare 2 that I had yet to complete and I was only two trophies away from completing the whole game and getting my second platinum. So it got the YLOD, and the Modern Warfare 2 disc is stuck in there :(

There are a lot of great PS3 games though, so I don't see why someone would buy it just for MGS4 and GT5.

Im sure there would be other games id get in time. I mean now you,ve mentioned uncharted, little big planet and so on then yeah i think ill get one.

In a rush of monney called pay day i broke down and got me 3 month of PS+. Figured it would be worth it for getting Sam and Max alone... now downloading the four free games for this month, we´ll see. There also is free Motorstorm DLC, i wonder how that works wen your subscription runs out and the game already is updated.

Weren't you recently saying how shit and pointless the whole thing is?

I'll never buy this simply because I don't play my PS3 enough to warrant it, as long as I can play for free online, they can offer whatever they want for this.

Weren't you recently saying how shit and pointless the whole thing is?

I'll never buy this simply because I don't play my PS3 enough to warrant it, as long as I can play for free online, they can offer whatever they want for this.

Yes, i mainley thought that it was worth giving a try because of sam and max for free (wich still is around 20-30 most places and likely will not be something you play twice)... i figured getting it a bit early so i can check zen pinball out. Zen Pinball actualy is pointless because it´s very old (and there is a risk that the next free game will be a old one i already got) but since i did not play it yet it´s a fair point to give it a try for three month. This sentence is a cyrcle.

The two free minis are UTTER shit. Don´t know about the PSOne game yet.

I am still relatively new the to Sony world. So, if this has been asked and discussed, as I am sure it has been, I am sorry. But is there ever going to be a download or anything that will allow me to play PS2 games on my PS3? It seems silly that the PS3 is so powerful, yet it will not play them. Because I really want to play Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. >_>

It's out today. It bypasses the boot-up process so is theoretically unstoppable by a firmware update. Only issue will be online and trophies etc. But the talk is that it comes with a simple hex editor which makes it possible to assign the correct game ID to the corresponding game so that PSN shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It will also open up Homebrew. Which could be exciting given the supposed powers of the PS3.