The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

New MGS? Mmm, I remember that damn 3 week long countdown on Kojima's website last year. I spent a fair few sunny days indoors because of that. :(

Whoa, whoa, whoa, people are still holding out hope for GT? I thought it had been accepted that Duke Nukem Forever was as likely to come out as that by now :(

The game is already being played with the GT World Cup or whatever it was called (including the time trial demo that was on PSN), the Presentation Boths at real races n stuff. I think they just saw that Forza has become a very good game (i never played it, so i might be wrong) and they try to ad a little bit extra... or maybe a few more licenses (like the nascar one)

Sooner or later it will be released and it will be a big seller. Even if the creators still want to fool around, one day sony will just force it to be released.

HMV is selling Uncharted 2 for * £14.99 * free uk delivery

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=236905&affiliate=td&lpgrp=network&tduid=434c6a2b5354c52ee2a96b06760348a9

Aperently this is not the Platinum Edition, at least thats what the price blog i found this on is telling me.

The Euro Price + Shipping should be something around 21€.

I know it's been out for a while now, but I'm really enjoying Invizimals. The camera's a little ropey at times and keeps flipping the monsters around and stuff when I pan around to collect sparks or what have you, but it's very enjoyable. The cutscenes are somewhat cringeworthy, but Brian Blessed more than makes up for it. I'm hoping for a sequel that irons out the niggles. Oh, and hopefully they'll cut out the bullshit "wait 39 minutes for X to appear". More customisation (like for naming them) and perhaps team battles would be nice too. It's a bit of a ballache when I've got 20-odd Invizimals and can only level one at a time. And no watts for losing a fight sucks too.

Uncharted and Heavy Rain are two of the exclusives you need to try out. Resistance is another I'd recommend if you're a fan of FPS games.

I was skeptical of Heavy Rain until I rented it (I JUST got my PS3 on Thursday). Holy fucking shit...absolutely fantastic game. I hope more games are done in a similar fashion because I think it's a brilliant format for storytelling.