The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Man ModNation Racers has been a blast through the first couple of races. Until the AI becomes superman on the last corner. Stupid cunts.

Already downloaded some lovely creations though.

Did you download the ultimate drift track haha thats a blast!

Heartline -

If you're getting a Slim PS3, I'm 99% sure they do NOT come with an HDMI cable, but do not throw down $40 on overpriced Monster Cable shit when you can get one on Amazon for $0.99.

The bundle as a whole sounds pretty decent if you can take off the HDMI cable, and from the first list, you definitely should get LittleBigPlanet.

Heartline -

If you're getting a Slim PS3, I'm 99% sure they do NOT come with an HDMI cable, but do not throw down $40 on overpriced Monster Cable shit when you can get one on Amazon for $0.99.

The bundle as a whole sounds pretty decent if you can take off the HDMI cable, and from the first list, you definitely should get LittleBigPlanet.

Thanks Zero and others =D

I'll knock the cable off. It was optional. Should I replace it with the Sony headset or just leave that alone for right now? Or go for a cheaper headset? :shifty:

I happened to like Mirror's Edge, even if it was incredibly frustrating and short. Enough to platinum it anyway.

I was doing a speed-run (no internet connectivity) and was about to jump through some glass then it happened. It's still on the screen now, flickering.

EDIT: Well, I pressed OK and it came up with "Please wait..." and shut down. Restarted it, loaded up Mirror's Edge and tried the same speed-run (although I had internet connectivity this time) and it was fine.

Edited by TheModernWay

Mirror's Edge is defined in an age old cliche "easy to learn, difficult to master", it's somewhat fun but it's incredibly frustrating when you see yourself able to hit something but the games collision detection tells you that you missed. Early on there's a pole you have to jump to, I tried about twenty times before getting it... but as far as I could see the frame was no different between my many deaths and my single success. The game should have a sequel, but it should have much more refined and helpful collision detection so it can be as flowing as it was originally advertised as being.