The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Going to call it now.

Blake is the killer! I have no basis for this whatsoever other than I doubt it would be one of the main four but it would still need to be someone who is known to the player for shock horror etc type thrills. I assume. And he's the only other person who seems to have any sort of significance that I've seen thus far.

Don't you dare tell me if I'm wrong or not. I still hate all you fuckers who have it already :shifty:

Has anyone beaten Heavy Rain yet? I'm just preparing myself for how much time I'm gonna need to put in on it.

Yeah I'm on my second play through. I think I got pretty much the longest play length available (no-one died) and it took 10-12 hours maybe?

Wow this game is tense.

The first test for Mars, the Bear one, the driving one. That was pretty crazy. I messed up on a couple of the presses because they blended into the background and i couldn't read the button. I ended up flipping the car but I made it out.

Where I just left off, I think I'm about to do his second test. Haven't done much with Madison but all the Shelby stuff and Jayden stuff has been really stellar so far. Absolutely fantastic game and I'm looking forward to more of it.

Ethan spoiler.

First spoiler suggests which chapter. Second is about the chapter. The first spoiler gives the name but not what it's about.

LIZARD

So first time around I used the kitchen knife to cut off the finger which was kinda gross anyway. Second time around I used the SCISSORS from the bathroom. That was brutally nasty.

:puke:

Ethan spoiler.

First spoiler suggests which chapter. Second is about the chapter. The first spoiler gives the name but not what it's about.

LIZARD

So first time around I used the kitchen knife to cut off the finger which was kinda gross anyway. Second time around I used the SCISSORS from the bathroom. That was brutally nasty.

:puke:

I couldn't find anything else besides the knife and booze. I took two drinks of the booze and then used the knife. I'll have to go back and replay that part once I finish the game.

Aliens Vs Predator, Sega All Star Racing, Both, or just save the £60 and have it end up on extra food and drink over the course of the month.

(I can see you in here Ruki, no need to reply, we all know which option you'd go for.)

Aliens Vs Predator, Sega All Star Racing, Both, or just save the £60 and have it end up on extra food and drink over the course of the month.

(I can see you in here Ruki, no need to reply, we all know which option you'd go for.)

Really? Those two games? Have it extra, or, just... you know, buy a good game.

Really? Those two games? Have it extra, or, just... you know, buy a good game.

That's why I'm buying one or both of those two, thanks. smile.gif

Both suck, but for a more rounded out story I'd say the other ending is more fulfilling, since it actually progresses the story and doesn't leave you in exactly the same situation you were in at the start.

Heavy Rain End Game Spoilers

Wow I did not see the killer coming at all. Completely blew me away. That said I think I got the exact same endings as Hammy. I should play through again and fuck up on purpose.

Sadly I figured it out during the fight with Jayden. As soon as I saw the shadow I said to myself "That looks like Shelby". I was hoping I was wrong after someone told me the killer was the clown from the beginning of the game.

Didn't stop me from yelling "VROOM VROOM MOTHERFUCKERS" when crashing the car into the house.

So today I purchased Aliens Vs Predator, Tomb Raider: Underworld & WET

The single player of AVP is okay/good. I've only played Predator so far, but it was fun to dissapear and fuck peoples shit up. Only problem I have is that it's a bit of a bitch to figure out where you're getting attacked from by the Xenomorphs. It'd help if there was a third vision mode that helps you see them. It's enjoyable though. Depending on how the online turns out, I don't think I'll be trading this in for a while to come.

I've not yet played Tomb Raider, but that's the beauty of the series - I know exactly what to expect, no more, no less. If it's half as good as Tomb Raider Anniversary (which was great fun!) then I'll be happy with it (it was only £10). As for WET... I enjoyed the demo, but I've heard plenty of people thought it was naff. But, hey, at £15 I thought I might as well go for it.

Going to pick up Sonic & Sega Racing tomorrow, then that should be me set until March 9th. :)

WET is just balls out fun, don't expect anything deep, but as far as wonderful killgames go, it's among my favourites.

Right now WET is the one I'm not expecting to get much play time out of until I've beaten AVP, because wow and damn, Tomb Raider Underworld is all kinds of pretty. blush.gif It's the same stuff that's been the main point of Tomb Raider since the late 90's, but I don't know, repetitive or not, I've just always enjoyed the series. I can't help but laugh sometimes though, especially when Lara seems to just be talking out loud to herself, explaining something she already knows. At least in Anniversary they made it so she was explaining to someone over a com system. tongue.gif

Did anyone ever play Star Ocean: The Last Hope? I loved the PS2 Star Ocean game I had (never beat it, sadly.), is this one anywhere near that level? I might pick it up when it's dropped to about £20 and I've played FFXIII to death.

WET is just balls out fun, don't expect anything deep, but as far as wonderful killgames go, it's among my favourites.

Right now WET is the one I'm not expecting to get much play time out of until I've beaten AVP, because wow and damn, Tomb Raider Underworld is all kinds of pretty. blush.gif It's the same stuff that's been the main point of Tomb Raider since the late 90's, but I don't know, repetitive or not, I've just always enjoyed the series. I can't help but laugh sometimes though, especially when Lara seems to just be talking out loud to herself, explaining something she already knows. At least in Anniversary they made it so she was explaining to someone over a com system. tongue.gif

Did anyone ever play Star Ocean: The Last Hope? I loved the PS2 Star Ocean game I had (never beat it, sadly.), is this one anywhere near that level? I might pick it up when it's dropped to about £20 and I've played FFXIII to death.

Holy shit! I'm posting in here!

I got the game once it came out, and it's a pretty fun game. If you enjoyed the PS2 one, you will likely enjoy this one (although the characters aren't anywhere near as cool). But if you have to drop a lot of time into a game, you could do much worse.