The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

10 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

And Bugsnax has been platinumed! I hope they do more with that series. 

I'm enjoying it so far, was wondering how long it is overall? I've just made it to the town 

Got the Astro's Playroom platinum, now for Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales. Never did the DLC for Spiderman the first time round so looking forward to giving that a go too.

Will likely give Bugsnax a go then before Immortals. Determined to do much better at beating my gaming backlog this time round.

I really enjoyed SpiderMiles but £50 for a game that length seems a bit steep, annoyingly I forgot it wasn't anywhere as big as the first game despite reading that months ago.

Post-game credit scene spoilers below:

Spoiler

In the inevitable sequel to the first Spider-Man, if you treat Spider-Miles as separate, it looks like we'll  potentially be seeing Lizard, and of course Harry Osborn as some kind of symbiote as per the first game's credit scene.

Got NBA2K21 because I really needed a third game, thankfully MK11 has downloaded so I'll have that for the rest of the week. Just 71 hours of downloading to go for 2K now...

I think my only beef with the DLC was that each part of the story was treated as it's own map/game, so if you wanted to clear out some Fisk thug hideouts, you'd have to exit the DLC and go back to the main game instead of it existing on top of the regular game. You couldn't do the DLC stories and also do main campaign activities.

46 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Apparently WatchDogs Legion is already on a pretty big sale with Black Friday.

I really wish I had waited to buy it given that it's like 50% off, but I've enjoyed it thus far so I'm not too fussed.

Only thing I'm kinda fussed about now is that I think the HDMI that came with my PS5 is slightly borked. From time to time when I first turn on the PS5, there's a line of glitching pixels that appears and it takes removing the HDMI and plugging it back in to fix.

6 minutes ago, LL. said:

I really wish I had waited to buy it given that it's like 50% off, but I've enjoyed it thus far so I'm not too fussed.

Only thing I'm kinda fussed about now is that I think the HDMI that came with my PS5 is slightly borked. From time to time when I first turn on the PS5, there's a line of glitching pixels that appears and it takes removing the HDMI and plugging it back in to fix.

That's annoying on both accounts.

14 hours ago, LL. said:

Are you sure your TV accepts HDMI 2.1? My TV doesn’t, and it was doing that when I was trying to run it in 2160p, but when I knocked it back down to 1080p it’s been fine ever since.

On 18/11/2020 at 12:00, metalman said:

I got that Assassin Creed Vikings game. It doesn’t work. Buggy mess that won’t allow me to start a story mission. Looks good though. Maybe if I give it a week or so they’ll fix it.

Nothing goes hand in hand more than Assassin's Creed and being buggy on release. I basically buy them a game late now specifically to avoid it (also because I have too many damn games already). Speaking of, I bought the Ezio collection the other week and platinumed AC2, now playing Brotherhood, and whilst I always remembered it as my favourite in the series, it really lives up to the memories. Great characters, environments, story, and gameplay.

4 hours ago, tristy said:

Are you sure your TV accepts HDMI 2.1? My TV doesn’t, and it was doing that when I was trying to run it in 2160p, but when I knocked it back down to 1080p it’s been fine ever since.

Yeah it definitely does.  Like I said, once unplug/replug it works fine. I'm not sure if it's the cable or the particular hdmi port though.

35 minutes ago, metalman said:

Oh yes I should get the Ezio ones sometime soon. I like the newer type AC games with the big maps but sometimes I miss the more detailed single city maps. 

Go be a cartographer then. Keep your mapping OUT OF MY GAMES. 

When you view your game library and a game comes up with a lock symbol does that mean if I have the ps4 disc I can put in the ps5 to read it or does it means its not available yet for ps5 because most of the games that were digital I have available to download but games like Avengers and Last of Us 2 which I have a disc for are showing as locked. Also is Ghosts of Tshiuma getting a ps5 update because I didnt get round to playing it and I have the disc version ready to pop in and install

44 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

When you view your game library and a game comes up with a lock symbol does that mean if I have the ps4 disc I can put in the ps5 to read it or does it means its not available yet for ps5 because most of the games that were digital I have available to download but games like Avengers and Last of Us 2 which I have a disc for are showing as locked. Also is Ghosts of Tshiuma getting a ps5 update because I didnt get round to playing it and I have the disc version ready to pop in and install

I get that lock when it comes to a game that requires a disc or one that I bought with my UK account that isn't linked to this PS5 yet. And I don't believe Ghosts of Tsushima will be getting a free PS5 upgrade as its not part of any of the lists I've seen. However, that isn't to say they'll release it for PS5 down the line.