The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

19 minutes ago, LL. said:

Yeah everyone is saying best way to transfer is to be connected to LAN, which thankfully I always am. 

I found a spare ethernet cable after I'd done about 10%. Was gutted as there was no way to stop

1 hour ago, Josh Mulaney said:

Whoa, what? Is it a puzzle game then? I’m getting more and more into those. Is it genuinely a puzzle game or is that just one small element?

I would say it's an element. It's not too difficult, but you have to figure out how to catch each Bugsnax. Some are super easy, some require a bit more playing around. But for the price of free, you can't go wrong!

6 hours ago, Kaney said:

I haven't played any of them and tbh if it wasn't a remastered launch title I probably wouldn't bother but it looks pretty and its new and shiny to go with the PS5 so fuck it.

You know me quite well Ellis. How much am I going to hate it? >_>

Maybe a little a first! I'm not sure how much the remake has I'll stick to the broad advice applicable to any of the games; stay patient, focused and treat your enemies with respect. Even a lowly undead might suddenly group up with his buddies and shank you if you're not paying attention.

• Like 1

Mine arrived this afternoon but didn't get back from work until 7, and my current internet speed is under 1 Mb/s.

Spiderman MM has an expected download time of 31 hours.

Thankfully Astro's Playroom has been really fun, this controller is a whole new level.

Actually managed to get on last night but in the downloads it was doing the data transfer still which meant I couldn't turn either console off last night till about 4am when I woke up for the toilet...

Least it's done now. 

I can vouch for Astros Playground as well it's really fun, considering it was made to show off the controller it does so much more than that. Would happily go back on that to do the other levels on it. 

Its arrived! I almost panicked when it was wasnt reading discs to only find out as its vertical I was putting it in the wrong way not tried the dreaded transfer of data from a ps4 to ps5 yet as I do not have an Ethernet cable handy and my WiFi hub is downstairs 

I think the digital edition looks better than the regular PS5. Doesn't have that weird awkward curve mold on the right side of the console, it's just sleek and slim.

It would be nice if Playstation Direct would get some more stock of the media remote, headphones and charging dock, but oh well I guess :(

Think I've got a cursed ps5. Whenever I take a disc out of a PS5 game and put it back in I have to install it again. Done it with Spiderman and Demons Souls 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Think I've got a cursed ps5. Whenever I take a disc out of a PS5 game and put it back in I have to install it again. Done it with Spiderman and Demons Souls 

So I've read something about this on reddit, apparently you don't choose the copy option, just leave it and it'll install properly the way you'd expect?

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

So I've read something about this on reddit, apparently you don't choose the copy option, just leave it and it'll install properly the way you'd expect?

Yeh that was part of the fix. I'd disconnected from the internet, went into safe mode and reinstalled the software update and rebuilt the database. Then when I out the disc on it took a few seconds but did it automatically. Seems to have fixed it! 

I'm more triggered than I should be about Miles Morales wearing Adidas sneakers rather than AJ1s. It's just so weird, Sony/Playstation have collaborated with Nike before, I don't understand this.

But anyway, I love this game and I might eventually buy Spider-Man Remastered so I can finish my NG+ playthrough. Ray-tracing is fuckin' legit.

3 hours ago, tristy said:

I'm more triggered than I should be about Miles Morales wearing Adidas sneakers rather than AJ1s. It's just so weird, Sony/Playstation have collaborated with Nike before, I don't understand this.

But anyway, I love this game and I might eventually buy Spider-Man Remastered so I can finish my NG+ playthrough. Ray-tracing is fuckin' legit.

Very much this. There's an early scene inside a building with neon signs (kept as vague as possible to avoid spoilers) where everything is reflected on the floor to perfection, and I was just in awe. I'm starting to think I may have to buy a 4K TV to make it really special though.

The game itself is as great as the first one, just finished the fifth mission (the kicking off point really) so I'm super excited as to how things are going.

Meanwhile I have 49 hours as the estimated time for my MK11 download. I have a feeling patches are going to be a nightmare.