The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The main problem with the PS5 design (other than that the white one seems to be more prominent) is that is doesn't seem like it could be placed horizontally. Going to be a bit of an issue with the current setup we have.

6 minutes ago, apsham said:

I wouldn't dream of putting that thing sideways in any place that doesn't have a ton of airflow though.

Luckily I have a fantastic place to put mine. If you set your mind to it... you can too. 

26 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I remember when the Xbox 360 came out and it could stand vertically. I was always too worried about knocking it over to do that because it didn't have any kind of stand.

When I worked at Gamestation we had soooo many XBox 360s brought to us because of the Red Ring of Death. Pretty much all of them had been stood vertically.

Picture-in-picture gameplay (he was playing Sackboy, and watching a friend play Uncharted: Lost Legacy)

Switched from Sackboy to Destruction All-Stars without having to close the previous game, so there's quick resume for at least one game at a time. Booting up from an idle state will have something close to a quick resume, since he jumped right back into Sackboy from a previous playthrough.

Playstation Store is integrated with the UI.

Media apps will have their own icons, not hidden behind a folder like on the PS4 (thank god)

Control Center shows your progress in a game, challenges you still need to complete within said game (and will take you to those challenges in some cases), level progress and estimated time to complete a level, and shows trophy status. All without having to leave the game and go to another folder/screen.

I don't care about gameplay capture or screenshots but I guess those are in 4K.

On 14/10/2020 at 13:53, Liam Mk2 said:

Been playing a fair bit of Shadow of War lately as it was on sale for about $8. Love it, massive improvement on the original game. The nemesis system is one of the best things in gaming, it works so well. 

The Nemesis system was great, really needs to be implemented in more games. Shadow of War never clicked with me like Shadow of Mordor did though, not sure why.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this is the case, but I thought I'd ask just to be 100% sure since the PS5 is coming in a few weeks. I sold all my physical games (and the same guy is going to buy my PS4 and PSVR eventually too) - before you ask why, my pre-order for the PS5 was for the digital edition. Anyway, here's what I'm asking:

Let's use Avengers as an example. I don't have a physical copy anymore, but I still have the save data. If I re-buy the game on the PS Store, it'll let me use that save data, right? So in theory, for any game I started but sold the disc, all I would have to do is re-buy the game and I should be okay?

I think there are a few small, isolated cases of that - but they were mostly for games that had editions that weren't worked in properly. The one that I always remember is The Witcher 3. Save data from buying the base game and the DLCs separately doesn't work for the GOTY edition for instance.

But that is the exception and not the rule.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

This looks fun and cute... and it's free!

The VR game on the PS4 was really fun too. I’m glad this one isn’t VR, I always thought I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more if it was just a regular game.

Does this video show off the new trophy progression? Someone had a video of it and they were playing Astro. I love how the new system shows you how far along in a trophy you are.