The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It looks fun, but I hope it isn't full of people who play specifically to disrupt other people's enjoyment.

Ha, good one.

What I'm hoping for mainly, is plenty of variety in the games you can play. As fun as the first one looked, plus Hexa-gone or however it's worded, if they keep adding new challenges to dwindle down the numbers, it'll keep the game feeling fresh. 

It's been compared to Rocket League but I don't think the gameplay will have the longevity of that if the challenges aren't plentiful.

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

It'll make millions in cosmetics. I can think of someone close to me in particular who'll pump money into it. 🤔

At least there won't be any VSS's to steal.

• Like 1

Sony has announced that PS4 controllers won't work with PS5 games, but they will for backwards compatible PS4 games.

In other news, there's a State of Play showcase on 6th August. Don't expect any significant news on the PS5 as it will focus instead on third-party PS4 games.

Fall Guys is on the PS Store if you search for it to download. About 7gb which isn't bad. 

A lot of fun, definitely something you can have a laugh with whether on your own or with others 

The missus and I are loving The Forest. Not without its problems, nor is it brilliant graphically, but it's addictive. Well worth the 7 quid we paid.

It goes from a relaxing base-building game turned straight up to 100 when the enemies come, especially the stronger types a week or so into playing.

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

The new UFC game is fucking impossible and I don't see anywhere to adjust the difficulty. Usually you get a couple easy fights to start and that for sure isn't the case this time. I'm really glad this is just a trial because this game fucking sucks

So how I felt about the first EA-era UFC game. Good to know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, Your Mom said:

The new UFC game is fucking impossible and I don't see anywhere to adjust the difficulty. Usually you get a couple easy fights to start and that for sure isn't the case this time. I'm really glad this is just a trial because this game fucking sucks

I feel like it's too easy. I went undefeated in the WFA, won the title, then immediately vacated it and went to the UFC and was immediately ranked #8. Defeated ranked contenders Jessica Eye and Maryna Moroz, and then a rival who I roasted on Twitter (I forgot her name, but she was ranked #12), and then won the title in my division from Jessica Eye, who I guess rebounded after my UFC debut and went on to win the title.

Then I was supposed to face Joanne Calderwood in my first defense, but she pulled out literally the day of the fight, so Alexis Davis stepped in and I accepted that replacement fight. And then I went to war with her, all the way to round 5 where she eventually submitted me. That was the first fight that I had a problem with, difficulty wise. It was very hard.

My issues are with the new control schemes. I like the new submission system, but changing things like how you do takedowns or the clinch takes some time getting used to.

It's really weird compared to UFC 3 - by the time my current career is complete, I should have all the trophies available for career mode, besides the ones associated with your Player Card and the TWO trophies that are online only. I'm fine with all of this, it'll be an easy 100% if I want to do online matches.

Like I said in that post though, I'm not thrilled with some of the control scheme changes. And the backyard and Kumite arenas are pretty pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony can't sell the regular PS5 at a higher price than the Series X without looking bad. I can see it being the same price, in all likelihood. Realistically, the PS5 Digital won't be able to match the price of the Series S, so it will be very interesting to see how Sony pitches it.

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

There's going to be a Playstation 5 show on Wednesday. You'd think that there's a good chance of a price reveal.

Price, release date, and solidifying their launch games I imagine. 

My bet is $450/350 (disk less),  November 27th, and some stuff I'm meh towards and Bugsnax.