The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I tried Farming Simulator, got bored quickly, then my four year old decided he'd "drive to town" then upturned his tractor against a house like the tractor cow things in Cars. Tremendous.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Has anyone played a game called The Council? I've been eying it for a while and pcked it up today. Looks interesting enough. Curious on anyone else because I've heard nothing about it.

No, but come back and let us (or just me) know how it is because it looks interesting and like something I’d really enjoy.

1 hour ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

No, but come back and let us (or just me) know how it is because it looks interesting and like something I’d really enjoy.

It’s basically a Telltale game but with skill trees.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, tristy said:

It’s basically a Telltale game but with skill trees.

Gentlemen-you-had-my-curiosity%E2%80%A6-

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

NBA 2k20 is like 4 quid on the UK PS Store if anyone is interested

Serious question: how much do you need to spend in microtransactions to stop the career modes being frustrating grindfests? I heard that was a problem with this series.

17 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Serious question: how much do you need to spend in microtransactions to stop the career modes being frustrating grindfests? I heard that was a problem with this series.

It's not as bad this year as it has been - it was on GamePass and I've been playing it there. I made it to the NBA and I'm performing rather well with what I have as stats and I haven't spent any money yet.

If you're just looking to play career and you don't care about being competitive online you should be fine. Look up a good build and you'll do fine in the standard game.

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping track of all of these streams, @Bobfoc

Man, i don't know if/when I'm gonna get this game but if/when I do it's gonna be real hard to not pick the black-and-white cinematic mode.

Enjoying Stranded Deep. Just made it to my second island, paddling in the raft and nearly dying in the process. Looking forward to a bit of exploring but do miss my first island. Got in at dusk so just enough time to build a fire and shelter to sleep, will spend a few days exploring the island and the wreck. On my home island every tree was painful to chop down as it "wrecked" my home a little more. Here there's no such emotional attachment yet!

• Like 1

I picked it up and got into it for a few days but I don't feel much of the need to go back. I kept wondering if the game was literally just building everything up only to have to island hop because you ran out of resources, etc - and that doesn't really interest me all that much.