The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So, I finished the game! Great stuff. Focused on getting the platinum now, and I've got 2 trophies left. I need to finish the last prisoner camp, which will be fine, and then 100% all districts, which is going to be THE WORST. I've done barely any of the crimes up until now, so it's probably going to take ages. Probably won't bother with all the secret photo ops, though, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to get all the gadgets either, as I don't have enough challenge tokens right now and I don't see myself being able to top my current performances in the taskmaster missions. I think that only counts for the 'campaign progress' counter in the bottom left of the map screen though, and it doesn't impede my ability to platinum the game (which will be my first)?

• Like 1

Just got my platinum on Spider-man finished the story and didn't think i would be able to get the platinum as i needed 5 more challenge tokens to get the one suit i hadn't unlocked. Had 3 challenges I'd only managed bronze on figured if i tried and practice I'd get silver on them maybe after a while giving me 6 tokens. 1st one i tried again was a stealth one 1st retry and i got gold giving me the 5 i needed.

• Like 1

Managed to get gold on all the drone and stealth challenges which meant that I was able to purchase all the gadgets as well (which I know dont count towards anything really)! Just got about half the secret photo ops and a lot of crimes to sort out and then I’ve got the platinum!

39 minutes ago, Owen said:

Managed to get gold on all the drone and stealth challenges which meant that I was able to purchase all the gadgets as well (which I know dont count towards anything really)! Just got about half the secret photo ops and a lot of crimes to sort out and then I’ve got the platinum!

Secret photo ops don't count towards platinum, fyi.

I did it! Got the platinum for Spider-Man. Now I've just got the secret photo ops and maybe (but probably not) try and get gold on the last few challenge missions so I can upgrade buy all the suit mods, but there isn't much point in doing that except for being a perfectionist. I've got 6 more secret photo ops left, and I went for hours before finding any and then I found two in a row... that was about an hour ago, so let's hope the rest of them aren't as much of a pain to find, although it seems like they are!

The damn forklift race in Shenmue is driving me up the wall. No matter what I do, I somehow always reach a point where one of the other racers hits me and I just slide into a wall, meaning I can never catch up to win.

5 hours ago, Regia said:

The damn forklift race in Shenmue is driving me up the wall. No matter what I do, I somehow always reach a point where one of the other racers hits me and I just slide into a wall, meaning I can never catch up to win.

It's usually a case of cornering well and using corners as opportunities to overtake. Once they're behind you, it's plain sailing.

I had no idea you get an extra costume for the secret photos?! I'm on either 48 or 49 of 50! I'd have thought that given that, it would count towards platinum, but hey hi, nevermind!

There are new trophies too, so I guess that means I'm gonna have the platinum the game again!

... okay one of the achievements are to beat New Game+, the other is to beat the game on Ultimate difficulty. Noooooo thanks!

The Heist DLC is just more of the same fun and games, but more like an actual add-on then just new story content, i.e. there's new types of crimes, new challenges etc.

Meanwhile I've only just noticed that if Peter is on a call and standing still he talks normally, but if he's swinging then he speaks like he's moving and exerting energy into more than just talking. That is such ridiculously good attention to detail.

• Like 1

PSClassic games:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee