The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

You sounded quite bothered about it tbf! 😛

"Fuck enforced skins. It's bullshit" etc.

Nobody is trying to break your balls over this, just stating that it's an odd complaint to have and you'll very much be in the minority. And as @Arjen Robben said, it was an experience everyone had. Whether you enjoy it or not is obviously up to you.

Plus it also came at a time when you were pissed off at nailing some of the challenges. Maybe you'll look back on it and not be so annoyed down the line? 

Either way, I'm no Marvel fan but all this talk of how good the game is has made me want to get it when it drops in price. 

Or @Jericruise can be nice to me and let me borrow it in the future if he doesn't trade it in!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Has anyone played the new Tomb Raider game yet? I'm thinking about seeing if Redbox has it

I’ve played it, and enjoying it so far. I wouldn’t say it’s an awful lot different from the previous game, which isn’t a bad thing.

• Like 1

So I rented the Tomb Raider game. I don't know if I like it. I mean it's good but it's the same problem I had with the Uncharted games. I can figure it out it's not that but the stupid puzzles with like 30 parts to them are really annoying. Like I can believe an old dagger can cause the apocalypse or whatever but I don't believe all these ancient civilizations were like "Well then she'll have to shoot an arrow to attach these 2 ropes and then parkour up the side of our windmill and turn 3 cranks. She'll never figure that out!" Like a whole fucking tribe of Rube Goldbergs :P 

5 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So I rented the Tomb Raider game. I don't know if I like it. I mean it's good but it's the same problem I had with the Uncharted games. I can figure it out it's not that but the stupid puzzles with like 30 parts to them are really annoying. Like I can believe an old dagger can cause the apocalypse or whatever but I don't believe all these ancient civilizations were like "Well then she'll have to shoot an arrow to attach these 2 ropes and then parkour up the side of our windmill and turn 3 cranks. She'll never figure that out!" Like a whole fucking tribe of Rube Goldbergs :P 

To be fair that's also every single Indiana Jones type movie as well. But I agree. I don't mind some puzzles but I feel like game designers sometimes get too puzzle happy.

52 minutes ago, The Banshee Fork said:

To be fair that's also every single Indiana Jones type movie as well. But I agree. I don't mind some puzzles but I feel like game designers sometimes get too puzzle happy.

I didn't even think about that and I love Indy. But yeah the game guys overdo it. Indy was like if you don't put on a counterweight a boulder rolls at you and the games there is a puzzle for everything. Like did the Mayans have to complete these 10 steps every time they wanted to open the door too?

My problem with that kind of game is less that but as soon as you open the door that hasn't even been seen in like 1000 years much less opened the bad guy militia is somehow already past that door and waiting for you.

On 29/09/2018 at 20:31, OctoberRaven said:

My problem with that kind of game is less that but as soon as you open the door that hasn't even been seen in like 1000 years much less opened the bad guy militia is somehow already past that door and waiting for you.

That's my biggest issue with the Uncharted games.

On 29/09/2018 at 20:31, OctoberRaven said:

You have to respect their sportsmanship, though. They'll ambush you and vastly outnumber you, but they'll be gracious enough to do it in areas with conveniently situated waist-high walls so that you have plenty of cover.

Drunk downloaded Dragon Quest XI on Friday.  After playing it a few days, I'm really glad I did.  I really loved the Dragon Warrior games when I was younger, which is what Dragon Quest got re-named to when it originally came to America in the late 80s/early 90s.  I don't think I've played a Dragon Warrior/Quest game since Dragon Warrior IV (might be mistaken about that...) but upon diving in, I feel like I didn't miss anything

For some reason, Sony has already announced its November Playstation Plus games, at least for PS4. They're Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition and Yakuza Kiwami. That'll do very nicely because I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 and was going to buy Kiwami at some point anyway. Bulletstorm is also a fun and stupid shooter.

Finally completed Spider-Man to vaguely 100% (I've stopped after getting the final suit) and I can't say enough about how good it is. Can't wait for the three DLC packs to come out so I can play it a bit more, and hopefully the post-credits scenes are leading to a full game sequel soon enough, it's not like they have to fix anything with the game engine.