The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Friday the 13th is October's PS+ Game woooo

Tons of fun, lots of brutal kills. Hopefully the team can get back to working on additional content at some point in the future, but if this is it, it's still a load of fun to boot up and kill some bots. Online isn't too bad either, but it would be nice if you could set up a specific group of people to play.

Here's the full list. The original Rocketbirds is good, and its soundtrack was great, so don't forget about its sequel here.

Oh, and Sony's finally backed down and decided to allow cross-platform play. Fortnite will be the first PS4 game to support it.

5 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

It’s like 15 minutes of game time where the story takes precedent over giving you the ability to bowl about as a glowy white skull Spider-Man or something. 

Really don’t see why it’s such an issue.

It's the climax! It's what I've been playing for! I chose a Spider-Man and played the whole thing as my Spider-Man. Let me see the damn ending with my Spider-Man! It was the same damn thing in Arkham. I play the whole thing as the awesome looking Noel Batman and at the very end, the thing I've been working towards seeing, it sticks me in the default Batsuit. Giving customization options then snaching them away at the very end is bullshit.

18 minutes ago, =BK= said:

It's the climax! It's what I've been playing for! I chose a Spider-Man and played the whole thing as my Spider-Man. Let me see the damn ending with my Spider-Man! It was the same damn thing in Arkham. I play the whole thing as the awesome looking Noel Batman and at the very end, the thing I've been working towards seeing, it sticks me in the default Batsuit. Giving customization options then snaching them away at the very end is bullshit.

To be fair, they'd either have to render the cutscene with every possible suit, or risk the cutscene looking like a mess if specific suits cause issues. I understand the frustration, because that bothered me a little bit in Arkham City, but really, the customizable suits are more something to keep the game interesting over time, and I'm completely okay with story-based cutscenes not showing the custom suit I'm wearing.

13 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

To be fair, they'd either have to render the cutscene with every possible suit, or risk the cutscene looking like a mess if specific suits cause issues. I understand the frustration, because that bothered me a little bit in Arkham City, but really, the customizable suits are more something to keep the game interesting over time, and I'm completely okay with story-based cutscenes not showing the custom suit I'm wearing.

Every other cutscene had the skins. The previous cut scene even had damage on the suit.

The damage on the suit in the final battle looked a lot more specifically catered and designed for that suit though, rather than something that could just apply to any other one. 

A whole chunk of the story had been building to that moment of building a new suit. The story that you helped create him, and you have the knowledge to bring him down. It makes sense, otherwise you're asking them to cut whole chunks of the story with Octavius to begin with. To have it build to the moment where he creates a new suit specifically for that final fight only for you to just go "nah, pause, I want to play as Spider-Punk thanks!" undercuts the moment and the gravity of the whole thing they're going for. They give you the option to have your own fun with it cosmetically for 98% of the game. You're quibbling over the 2%. It's their story to tell, not yours. It's not a role-play game or a story where you have to make choices, you're just playing their story. Whether you'd built this moment up in your head of seeing a fight in a specific suit you like or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

The damage on the suit in the final battle looked a lot more specifically catered and designed for that suit though, rather than something that could just apply to any other one. 

Hide contents

A whole chunk of the story had been building to that moment of building a new suit. The story that you helped create him, and you have the knowledge to bring him down. It makes sense, otherwise you're asking them to cut whole chunks of the story with Octavius to begin with. To have it build to the moment where he creates a new suit specifically for that final fight only for you to just go "nah, pause, I want to play as Spider-Punk thanks!" undercuts the moment and the gravity of the whole thing they're going for. They give you the option to have your own fun with it cosmetically for 98% of the game. You're quibbling over the 2%. It's their story to tell, not yours. It's not a role-play game or a story where you have to make choices, you're just playing their story. Whether you'd built this moment up in your head of seeing a fight in a specific suit you like or not.

That bolded bit of logic can die in a fire. I bought it, it's my game. Their aim is to please people who bought it and they can open up that feild by lessening meaningless, useless restrictions.

There really didn't need to be a new suit just for that btw

Spoiler

They just as easily had Peter say "MJ was right. I know those arms better than he does....There, I've designed the new tool to install in my suit that'll allow me to disable the arms temporarily."

There. Done. Peter solved the problem without a new suit.

FULL CHOICE

NO CHOICE

Pick one.

You're not changing my view on this. This shit ruins games for me.

You buying it doesn't mean you get to make some significant impact on the story though? You didn't have a unique experience with the story, it was the same linear one everyone else played, there's no 'your' Spiderman. If you want to choose how the story goes, buy a Telltale game Fallout. They wrote the story they wanted to tell, it included a suit at the end, they're not catering to the one oddly fuming guy that didn't get to wear a suit he liked at a specific time, they're catering to a wider audience who probably aren't arsed and did, by and large, love the game as it is. 

But yeah, I dunno, what Srar said really, it is a shame that that ruined it for you.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

You buying it doesn't mean you get to make some significant impact on the story though? You didn't have a unique experience with the story, it was the same linear one everyone else played, there's no 'your' Spiderman. If you want to choose how the story goes, buy a Telltale game Fallout. They wrote the story they wanted to tell, it included a suit at the end, they're not catering to the one oddly fuming guy that didn't get to wear a suit he liked at a specific time, they're catering to a wider audience who probably aren't arsed and did, by and large, love the game as it is. 

But yeah, I dunno, what Srar said really, it is a shame that that ruined it for you.

Man, I wasn't even that goddamn bothered to start with. I just posted about a thing that really took me out of the experience that I've had issue with before and you've been needling me about my own damn experience with the game since then. If anything has me fuming it's you being obtuse and refusing to even kind of understand why a drastic vusial change in the climax of this thing I've got invested in that I have no control over bugs me to no end.

All I know is that I had a good laugh at Arkham Knight whenever a point was made about how heavily armored and high-tech Batman's suit was.

It was funny because I wore the Adam West suit the entire game.

• Like 3