The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Id say its more the opposite actually. People are willing to play games solely based on getting trophies more than playing a good game. Terminator salvation is a strong example.

Say what you will about that game, but I enjoyed it. It wasn't amazing, and it didn't last much more than 3, maybe 4 hours, but the cover system was quality.

Is the Vita going the same route as the Go regarding UMDs then?

No UMDs but there is a physical medai format, NVG cards that come in 2gb and 4gb.

That's what I've been doing all evening. Nothing I've come across has really been too clear at all. None of them really seem to specify what you're hacking it for. I don't know if I'm making it possible to play PS1 ISO's or if I'm installing a homebrew copy of Pong.

I think my girlfriend may have brought me a PSP. If not, I'm buying one anyway soon, so...

Anyone want to shoot me towards some reliable guides they might know of for installing emulators and playing SNES and Playstation ISO's on there? Do I need an SD card?

You will need a memory card for the PSP. Do you know which model you have? I have a hacked PSP, but it's a 2000 model which are several years outdated now. But, the way you hack one of those involves downloading custom firmware onto the memory card, opening the battery, cutting a connection on the battery's motherboard so it won't load the stock firmware and will pull the custom firmware off the card instead, then drawing the connection on the battery's motherboard with a pencil.

I think I found a youtube video or something on how to do it, but it's been a few years since I did it.

Come on Matz, I know you of all people has gotta know something about PSP hacking!

Your not hacking. Your just installing a custom firmware. Should be very easy, but you can kill your PSP if you mess it up.

Search for Firmware flashing.

I think my girlfriend may have brought me a PSP. If not, I'm buying one anyway soon, so...

Anyone want to shoot me towards some reliable guides they might know of for installing emulators and playing SNES and Playstation ISO's on there? Do I need an SD card?

You will need a memory card for the PSP. Do you know which model you have? I have a hacked PSP, but it's a 2000 model which are several years outdated now. But, the way you hack one of those involves downloading custom firmware onto the memory card, opening the battery, cutting a connection on the battery's motherboard so it won't load the stock firmware and will pull the custom firmware off the card instead, then drawing the connection on the battery's motherboard with a pencil.

I think I found a youtube video or something on how to do it, but it's been a few years since I did it.

There's a way of doing it without messing around with the battery, it involves loading corrupted images that make the console reset or something, I did it on mine. Think it has to be before a certain firmware version though.

He does actually laugh in your actual face. The travelling costs are sky high, but the resultant pleasure and satisfaction are second to none.

• Like 2

Except your spelling.

EDIT: Funnily enough, that was one of the few sentences you wrote without any mistakes. ¬_¬

Traded in Infamous and LittleBigPlanet for HAWX 2 and Fallout : New Vegas, I will let you know in a few if I regret this decision.

Dident yoou just get InFamous and LBP for free. :shifty:

I traded in the physical copies I've had for over a year since I can get the digital copies for free + Gamestop was doing 50% extra trade in credit through end of business today.

I'll actually be downloading LBP and Dead Nation, Infamous was a bore.