The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Now that I have a PS3, I feel I need Mirror's Edge again. Just so I can go, "oooooh, shiny!". And yes, the gun play was fucking awful. I hated the later the parts of the game because of that. Anyways, so I guess if I want to be totally be cool and play with the EWB'ers I need to get Red Dead Redemption again, right? :shifty:

So. Got one of these newfangled ps3's for christmas.

I put in Gran Turismo and it's currently updating, do all of these updates take like 80 minutes or just some? Anything to do with me downloading a demo simultaneously?

Now that I have a PS3, I feel I need Mirror's Edge again. Just so I can go, "oooooh, shiny!". And yes, the gun play was fucking awful. I hated the later the parts of the game because of that. Anyways, so I guess if I want to be totally be cool and play with the EWB'ers I need to get Red Dead Redemption again, right? :shifty:

I haven't got it and I'm still fucking awesome.

:pervert:

So. Got one of these newfangled ps3's for christmas.

I put in Gran Turismo and it's currently updating, do all of these updates take like 80 minutes or just some? Anything to do with me downloading a demo simultaneously?

None so big as that and usually all games having those kinds of updates involve multiplayer online compat. If there is a flaw its that the downloads on the PS3 due take a little long. I cant complain though, usually I just watch TV or cook while it does its thing, so I rarely notice the time.

Now go get uncharted 1 and 2

I haven't got it and I'm still fucking awesome.

:pervert:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyeah i'llgetRDRasfastasIcan

:shifty:

£23.98 at gameplay.co.uk seems to be the best price for the PS3 version at the moment. I imagine it will go down in price again over the next couple of months, but the 360 versions of these games always seem to fall in price more quickly for some reason.

I actualy don´t know about the numbers, but i would guess, more systems soled -> more people to sell to -> more profit with getting a lot of games soled -> cheaper prices -> more games soled -> more used games on the marked. And besides that obviusly the xbox piracy issue. PS3 dos not have to compeed with free.

Uncharted 3 is being described as a 'bromance' story between Sully and Nate. Two things immediately spring to mind:

1. MORE SULLY zOMG FINALLY! (seriously, that's the only thing Uncharted has been missing is a the constant presence of Victor Sullivan).

2. Possible co-op gaming?

Okay, so I have officially said fuck you to Black Ops since I got the ultimate edition of Bad Company 2 for Christmas on the PS3 - since I sold it for my 360 ages ago. Not only is it a million times better as I now remember, Vietnam is ten million times greater than shitty map packs that'll hit the stores for COD.