The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

(There any way of sorting that out, or am I stuck with it?)

Stuck with it. I'm assuming you have the same model I do or a later model; Sony wisely chose to remove PS2 backwards compatibility with the newer models, so the best you're going to get is PS1 and PS3 games.

I kinda assumed, but reality is a hard thing to accept. :(

(There any way of sorting that out, or am I stuck with it?)

Stuck with it. I'm assuming you have the same model I do or a later model; Sony wisely chose to remove PS2 backwards compatibility with the newer models, so the best you're going to get is PS1 and PS3 games.

I kinda assumed, but reality is a hard thing to accept. :(

I know what you mean. When I got mine I was all ready to finish my Grandia II game, but hey. I had to drag my PS2 back out to play. The whole reason for backwards compat being axed is because Sony thinks that the PS3 has a "wealth of titles to choose from", so players shouldn't have to go back and play PS2 games on their PS3.

Which is some retard logic, but whatever.

Toe: March 2009

Edited by Cloudy's Way

Update 2.60 is now available. I know it involves photo albums that you can add music to in a slideshow or something along those lines.

Not really for me, but got it anyway. I'm not sure if there were any bug fixes. Will have to look into it more later.

Ok, I need people to recommend some decent games to me.

I like games that have a decent storyline, RPG elements, twists and good characters. I can't stand stealth games (Except MGS series). I don't mind shooting, fighting but I don't want it all the time in the game. I like something that has a mystery to it and that can keep you hooked for a long time. Maybe something with a conspiracey. Maybe a mix of what I have listed, but I bet that there aren't any games that are like this.

If you know of any for the PS2 or PS3 please state here. Also thanks in advance. It can be any-game at all, I will take any advice in the correct direction.

Edited by Sexy Lexy

A couple of my friends were in the same FPS-boat with regards to consoles, but both Call of Duty and Resistance won them over.

Had a little blast of Resistance 1 before, was alright (but only a 15 minute game if that), and except for a go on Zombie Nazi's at the end of COD:WAW, that's all I've done. COD4 however, awesome. Said friend who has World at War prefers COD4 too.

I like games that have a decent storyline, RPG elements, twists and good characters. I can't stand stealth games (Except MGS series). I don't mind shooting, fighting but I don't want it all the time in the game. I like something that has a mystery to it and that can keep you hooked for a long time. Maybe something with a conspiracey. Maybe a mix of what I have listed, but I bet that there aren't any games that are like this.

If you know of any for the PS2 or PS3 please state here. Also thanks in advance. It can be any-game at all, I will take any advice in the correct direction.

Oblivion.

I've poured 200 hours into it and I still don't feel like I'm wearing it thin at all (not yet half way through any guild missions, only a few missions into the main quest and constantly have a dozen side quests on my to-do list).

Oblivion.

I've poured 200 hours into it and I still don't feel like I'm wearing it thin at all (not yet half way through any guild missions, only a few missions into the main quest and constantly have a dozen side quests on my to-do list).

I will pick Oblivion up on Monday. I just got Condemned 2 to keep me busy at the moment. Just read the Wiki report, it sounds like a game that I will really enjoy. Thanks Chris. (Y) When I get it expect me to be on msn talking to you about it.

I have COD:WAW. I like it, but the only decent thing is Online play and the Zombie game.

Oh, do we have any Devil May Cry fans on the board? I loved the first three games and at the moment I am wondering if to get the 4th. But I wanted to know what the fans of the game think first.

Edited by Sexy Lexy

To be honest, the main thing about COD4 is the online too. And Johnny Allen in story mode. (non-Brits won't get it).

Lame things though include no trophies and no Dual Shock. Minor, but lame.

I have COD:WAW. I like it, but the only decent thing is Online play and the Zombie game.

Oh, do we have any Devil May Cry fans on the board? I loved the first three games and at the moment I am wondering if to get the 4th. But I wanted to know what the fans of the game think first.

DMC4 was pretty much the same as you've seen again, with a storyline that didn't really match up to three in my opinion. If you like the DMC series enough to play another game with pretty much the exact gameplay, then yeah it's worth it, but I'll warn you that I thought I'd enjoy it but I found myself bored mindless after the first boss.