Live At The Apollo

IAceI

watched Dara and Amos, got Boyle to watch later. O'Brien remains one of the finest comedians alive today, his timing's just perfect, and his jokes, whilst not particularly clever, are damn funny, and always hit the spot. I've always liked Amos, but I've seen better off him than last night. He needs to stop using the joke about the bloke who tells him that "he never knew black blokes were funny". I swear I've seen it on every stand-up he's ever done.

Still, he did have some crackers last night. He just seems a little repetitive sometimes.

As I said in the Donator's Forum, O'Briain was excellent as always (got tickets to his 2008 tour, in May) and Amos was also very good. Frankie Boyle continues to disappoint after having used the same set of jokes that he used/uses on Mock the Week both on his live standup tour and again at the Apollo. There wasn't a single joke I hadn't heard at least once, if not twice, before, and he bloody well needs to start writing some new material.

Wasn't this episode the last in the current series, anyhow?

Got to agree about Boyle, I couldn't believe he was repeating all those jokes AGAIN.

Amos and O'Brien were good.

I wasn't actually that impressed with Amos, I've heard that entire set at least 4 times over, especially the overseas one. I actually heard him say that joke on 'And then you die' half hour before Live at the Apollo

He cracked a few of the same jokes like the day before on Have I Got News For You too.

Still, he's absolutely hilairious, and I remember hearing a lot of those jokes a looong time ago, but he is extremely hilairious.

I don't watch And Then You Die, it looks worse than Street Cred Sudoku.

Frankie Boyle disappointed me cos usually I give him big love (I heard the train toilet joke seriously five minutes before on Mock The Week repeat on DAVE - ugh).

Amos was great though - bit cliche in parts but what he said was entertaining and his delivery is strong....Made me laugh the most.